Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Speaking games for adult students    

Speaking games for adult students

mjpa
Spain

Speaking games for adult students

I need some ideas on games or activities (speaking) to do with my adult students. They have an intermediate level of English but i�ve run out of ideas to use with them. Any suggestions?

9 Oct 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Have you already used up all those suggestion? or maybe you just lost track of them...? 
It all depends on the topic you �re studying right now and grammar points/structures you would want them to polish up a bit, so the activities must be relevant. It �s hard for us to know what ideas you have already used up. Your request is really too vague. Maybe you could be more specific as to what you would like to achieve in your class. Otherwise you could google "party games" and apply/adapt them to your situation.
Here are some more games from eslp, btw I specified "intermediate" when searching.
Sophia

9 Oct 2012     

s.lefevre
Brazil

You could used the picture based discussions
or Philip �s Let �s talk about

10 Oct 2012     

DnutDman
Spain

I just posted an activity I cann Turist and Local: Germany. Students take turns role playing and talking about different facts about Germany. It �s been nothing but a sucsess in ALL my classes. A complete description of the lesson is on the printout.

Dana

10 Oct 2012     

mjpa
Spain

Thanks a lot to all of you for your suggestions.
Silvia: I had already used several times the picture based discusions and some of Philip�s Let�s worksheets.
Uslteacher, thanks. I did not remember  that post, but the answer is the same. I have already used many of those suggestions.
Anyway, thanks a lot.

10 Oct 2012     

mjpa
Spain

Dana, i�ve downloaded your worksheet but i don�t understand how to use it. Could you explain it to me, please?

10 Oct 2012     

Apodo
Australia

I �ve seen this work well in a small group.

What is it?
The teacher has a bag  with several small items in it -a shell, a marble, a key, a keyring, a coin, a seedpod etc. Items made of different things.

Each student takes a turn to reach into the bag and choose one thing. They must not look at the item, or take it out of the bag, but by feel they must describe the shape, texture,what it is made of, say what it is etc. The student may then look at their item to see if they were right. The item is returned to the bag, and then the next student has a turn.

10 Oct 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Here are some new suggestions you probably haven �t seen yet

Sophia

10 Oct 2012