Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ramadan and Christmas    

Ramadan and Christmas

Ahlam
Bahrain

Ramadan and Christmas

Salam
I have a lesson about celebrations and I am brainstorming. my aims 1) appreciate and respect other people �s celebrations 2)compare and contrast their celebration of Ramadan with the celebrations of Christmas.

M teaching a mixed abilities class TEFL conext. Age group 15-16 female students. Most false beginners but have a couple of outstanding and average sts. Class size: 36 sts
Any simple effective ideas. art craft ideas are welcomed also but must be integrated withEnglish langauge learning.

Best Prayers

12 Nov 2012      

mariannina
Italy

Salam, Ahlam. It is not that easy to choose among the various pages in internet to explain Christmas! I �ve found this one
http://www.kiddyhouse.com/Christmas/
but Christmas is surely not all the lights  and merchandise that shops show to attract customers, it �s first of all a time of faith and prayers.
I hope I helped a little, sorry if I didn �t.
Ciao.
Mariannina

12 Nov 2012     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam Mariannina

Thank you for your reply.

Best Prayers

12 Nov 2012     

mariannina
Italy

Hug

12 Nov 2012     

Mallerenga
Spain

I would divide the class in two groups and they can make posters describing different things: liturgical, food, days, meaning, traditions,... Then, they can show one another and compare.

12 Nov 2012