Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Loosing backgrounds in PPT???    

Loosing backgrounds in PPT???

Peter Hardy
Australia

Loosing backgrounds in PPT???

To my horror I noticed I lost background colours and pictures when copying and pasting slides.  I suppose we all do this copying/pasting when PPT �s come in two or more parts (due to file size).
It took me a while to figure out how to prevent this �loss � and the associated frustrations.
When you paste the slide, a (very) small box appears briefly above or below the copied slide.  It �s the �Paste Option � box. When you click on the arrow, you get a choice to "use the destination theme" or to "keep source formatting".  Choose the latter, and the backgrounds stays as it was in the original file.
No more headaches and/or frustrations!
Just remember: computers are a male invention.  Faaaaar from perfect :-)
Yours in teaching,
Peter

13 Nov 2012      

Dr. Ahmad El-Maghraby
Egypt

Thank you so much, Mr. Peter, for this appreciated piece of information. I think I will benefit a lot. Buttttttttt, yeah ..... the computer is a male invention. Bad luck for the computer, I think!

13 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks.  It worked.  Who woulda thought?

13 Nov 2012