Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > free rice for poor kids each time you guess an answer    

free rice for poor kids each time you guess an answer

mariajosefuster
Spain

free rice for poor kids each time you guess an answer

www.freerice.com

Could we use it in class? Each time the students have a correct answer, they donate 10 grains of rice to poor people. In this way, we can help someone, and it is also very motivating for our students.

It is just questions about vocabulary. After each answer, they tell you which level of English you have... (it is meant for English speakers, not for foreigners, but many words have got a latin origin, so it is not too difficult).

Hope you like it. I have never used it in class yet, but I have used it with my kids and they like it a lot. The longer you play, the more food you are donating.

14 Nov 2012      

olaola
Italy

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5816

14 Nov 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

I know the site and visit it at times. I only wonder who is WE, and also, do they count the grains patiently and accurately? Not one grain too many? Why not so? 

14 Nov 2012     

carinita
Argentina

Thumbs Up

14 Nov 2012     

carinita
Argentina

Thumbs Up

14 Nov 2012     

sweet hannah
Egypt

An acquaintance told me about a similar site , but instead of vocabulary questions , you have to read. Some of my students are book worms, so if any of you knows the site - since my acquaintance didn �t remember it - please let me know .

Thanks in advance.  

14 Nov 2012     

Hollyjonesef
China

I have never used this in class, but I have used it several times in one-on-one lessons and it was great. its also a nice extra homework to set: see how far the students can get to, and write down each answer they get right.

15 Nov 2012     

papadeli
Greece

One.Org An effort to rally Americans to fight the emergency of global AIDS�

freeflour                                                                                                      

Freeflour Established to help the world hunger problem by donating spoonfuls�     

Thehungersite Make free donations of food to give to feed hungry people

Aidtochildren : helping children in need through learning.

Helpthirst  is a fun memory training game which donates water

Greetings  from Greece,

15 Nov 2012