Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > i need your help dear colleagues    

i need your help dear colleagues

ayouda
Tunisia

i need your help dear colleagues

My little mathematical ability should (able) .enable...................... me to study the theoretical part of the pilot �s course. My (view)..vision.................... is 10 / 10 and I am above the average in (high).height.................... . Achieving my ambition may not be possible, but I have at (little) .................least.......... the satisfaction of having a goal before me and the desire (reach) .to reach................. it will give me sufficient motivation. 

can you  tell me please if the word vision and view is related to each other or should i change the word view. Normally we say my vision is 10/10 not my view. So please tell me if im allowed to put my view in parenthesis in this situation or not .

thank you for your helpSmile

20 Nov 2012      

foufafadwa
Tunisia

the noun from the verb view is also "view" which means an opinion, a way of understanding, a sight but not the ability to see which is "vision" so i think it needs to be changed.

20 Nov 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

Here �s my take: view is something a person sees, and from that we get the meaning of opinion, or to have an opinion, as foufafadwa noted. Vision is the ability to see, and we always use vision to refer to 10/10, or 20/20 as we say in the USA.

Here are the correct answers for the passage as a whole. I put the correct answers in red as you had done.

My little mathematical ability should (able) .enable...................... me to study the theoretical part of the pilot �s course. My (view)..vision.................... is 10 / 10 and I am above the average in (high).height.................... . Achieving my ambition may not be possible, but I have at (little) .................least.......... the satisfaction of having a goal before me and the desire (reach) .to reach................. it will give me sufficient motivation. 

20 Nov 2012     

ayouda
Tunisia

I appreciate your help thank you so much dear colleaguesThumbs Up

21 Nov 2012