Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A day in history!    

A day in history!

Mietz
Germany

@ Logos and a b
Thanks for being able to put my concerns from last night into words, that express that so much better. Be careful though. Some people might imply you are going ga ga for that. (I�m still hacked of about this way of showing, that somebody has run out of points to argue their opinion...Unhappy)

20 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Ritanilo - a very positive, forward looking post.

Harim - as I expected from you, compassionate & truly a global vision of peace for everyone!

Logos - clear, purposeful, well reasoned & diplomatic.

Mietz - my only response to those people goes back to school days... "nyah nyah nyah... it takes one to know one"

me old china - be careful the wind doesn�t change direction & leave you with your face like that permanently!

anyone making inflammatory posts - think twice & then think again... & don�t bother posting!

20 Jan 2009     

Zora
Canada

Here�s what was said yesterday about this "hot" topic... if anyone is interested:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3895

Cheers,

Linda

20 Jan 2009     

linda306de
Germany

Isn�t it wonderful that Obama won? It�s also great for us teachers of English - there are a lot of interesting speeches out there as well as his fascinating biography. I look forward to more worksheets coming out. Obama will give us enough material for a long time to come.

It was horrible (and shocking) to read the politically motivated anti-semitic remarks from one of the teachers (is he even a teacher?). Voice your political opinions elsewhere. The man who wrote that should be ashamed of himself.

This web site should not be used for such things. Let�s use this unique web site and printable worksheet service to help, encourage and inspire each other.

To all the teachers who have posted worksheets - keep up the good work.

20 Jan 2009     

Ritanilo
Brazil

Hello again!!!

Now is afternoon in Brazil ... Obama is already the president of the U.S. Congratulations to all those who cares!
Besides being an English teacher, I am a Geography teacher. I am used to study about changes in our world, about politics, about freedom ... I teach my students to express their opinion about everything ... I don�t care about religion, political party ... I THINK GLOBALLY! God made us the same in this world and I dream about an united world, not divided. I always have positive thoughts and try to look at the bright side of everything. Get to know this secret. Try to attract good things for you and for the others. Stop complaining! As much as you do as much you get back.
The U.S. is a wonderful country. I had a blessing to live there for 3 years. I had the most important and nice experience ever! I studied English as a second language in a public school among a lot of foreign people in Virginia Beach, VA - what a beautiful place! In the second year I was there I joined the volunteer group at school and at a children�s hospital. Incredible experience! They gave me the opportunity to work in classroom as a teacher�s assistant!  Can you believe that? After a year I was chosen the volunteer of the school year 1999-2000 of the Adult Learning Center. I was recognized as an important part of their workforce in a ceremony for more than 90 Americans school volunteers - and I was among them!!!! I have never been recognized in my country, and I was by them ... That is for me what matters - American people don�t care where you are from, your skin color, they never asked about my religion - they only appreciate and recognize  the good things you do. By the way, that year I got a special parking space for myself where it was written "volunteer of the year".
Oops, those in the picture are my little ones: Nicholas is 7 and Lorena is 5.

Rita
Brazil

20 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2