Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Report Cards    

Report Cards

campbelldavidson
Japan

Report Cards

Hi Guys,

I have been asked to make a report card for students. I use american text books in my lessons so I think they want it in an american format. Can anyone help??? I know it is not strictly an ESl resource but I think it would be really helpful....

20 Jan 2009      

trelly
Argentina

Let me search through my old material and I�ll make you a report card similar to the one we used at the institute!

20 Jan 2009     

trelly
Argentina

I found this site that may be of help:
http://www.city.waltham.ma.us/SCHOOL/WebPAge/repc.htm

I hope I find my former report card, I moved recently, and I don�t remember if I brought those materials from home or if they are waiting to be picked up :|

Hope the site helps!

20 Jan 2009     

mizutamari
United States

I made a picture of what my report cards looked like when I was in middle school.

In my school district there were six semesters, and each semester lasted six weeks.  At the end of each semester we received a number grade. At the JHS I teach at in Japan the semesters are different, so you can change them to whatever suits you.  This JHS uses a "toku A" ("special A"/"A+"), "A", "B", and "C" grading system so instead of number grades you could change them to letter ones as well.  Hope this helps!

20 Jan 2009     

mizutamari
United States

As for the comments...  they were always pretty vague since the report cards were printed with a machine and given out and/or mailed to the students and parents.  Things like "student is very motivated" or "student participates well in class".  Some of the negative ones would say things like "student should try to participate more in class", "student does not turn in assignments on time", etc.

20 Jan 2009