Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > WIKISPACES - excellent tool for ESL teachers and students - PART II    

WIKISPACES - excellent tool for ESL teachers and students - PART II

graca pereira
Portugal

WIKISPACES - excellent tool for ESL teachers and students - PART II

Some time ago I told you about the WIKI I created to work with my students outside the classroom. This excellent WEB tool serves as a virtual classroom, a space where they can perform tasks, find extra info, ask and anwer questions: the perfect extension to all the work that is done inside the real classroom.
Don �t believe me Tongue? Take a lookLamp at what has been done since October...
Great, don �t you think so?

Ps: Want to have one of your own?
Go to : http://www.wikispaces.com/ and follow the instructions.

Have a very nice sunday!
Gra�a Pereira

2 Dec 2012      

niacouto
Portugal

Congrats Gra�a. Very nice work you �re doing!

I �m using wikis in the moodle. It �s really useful! Maybe I �ll try this wikispace during the 2nd term.
Have a wondeful Sunday!
H&K
Nat�lia

2 Dec 2012     

graca pereira
Portugal

Thank you Nat�lia Smile
Try it out and I assure you, you will become a huge WIKISPACES fan. Thumbs Up

2 Dec 2012     

Montypython
France

That is fabulous! Smile
Thanks a lot dear friend!:)
big hugs :)
marie

2 Dec 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Fantastic work!

But I don �t know the difference between a wiki and a blog. Could you tell me, Gra�a? 

Thumbs Up

2 Dec 2012     

mariamit
Greece

Wonderful work but like Pilar I �d love to know the difference between a wiki and a blog. Maybe you can explain.Clap

Maria

2 Dec 2012     

graca pereira
Portugal

Dear friends, a WIKI gives you much more freedom when it comes to posting any kind of information because you can organise it into different pages instead on only one. It �s meant to be used  by many individuals whereas a blog is usually used by one individual only. Want to know more, take a look at: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_blog_and_a_wiki

http://mplictechtrain.blogspot.pt/2007/04/what-is-difference-between-blog-and.html

Oh, and thank you for you visits. :)) Have a very nice Sunday.

2 Dec 2012     

annabelle1654
Germany

Hello Graca,

Thank you for this great information. Can you tell me, do you have to invite all of your students, individually?

Belles

3 Dec 2012     

graca pereira
Portugal

Dear Belles, you can invite your students all at once but you need their email addresses. There �s a function in the WIKI that says "invite people". There you will find a pre-made message and a place where you can put up to 100 email addresses to invite people at once. Easy, easy :))

3 Dec 2012