Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A white christmas to remember    

A white christmas to remember

lurdesilva
Portugal

The best memories I have about Christmas are also related to my childhood. Things were quite different then and everything was magical for me. By that time we didn �t know Santa Claus existed for the One who brought us presents was Jesus. So we would leave our shoes under the Christmas tree hoping to get a small gift. And we really believed it was Jesus the One who came and left the presents for us. And those were the best presents ever! Later we found out that our parents would put the present inside our shoes and then came Santa Claus and everything changed. For me Christmas is not so magical these days... there �s too much consumption and children get lots of things they don �t really need... I guess it �s up to us to show them the real meaning of Christmas.
Wish you all a Magical Christmas this year!

23 Dec 2012     

valentinaper
Greece

Jayho, you rock!

Mariethe, thank you for giving us the chance, once again, to wake our inner children up!

Well, a white Christmas in Greece is a rare thing, but I �ll tell you about a year I remember...

I was 15 or 16, and on Christmas Eve we were getting ready to visit relatives and spend the evening at their house (typical in Greece) when I noticed my younger brother (only 4 at the time) crying and saying he wouldn �t leane the house. When we demanded to know why he was being so stubborn, he said: "If we �re not here, Santa will see that the lights are off and he �ll go away!" Well, needless to say, we had to drag him out of the house before my mother put his present under the tree. I remember him jumping up and down at 3 am when we came back, and that sparkle in his eyes...
It was the last time he thought Santa existed, and I guess that �s what always made Christmas special, having children around, because they �re the ones who make you believe everything is possible.
Now my brother is 17 and he �s joking about how Santa Claus can �t make it around the globe even if he broke every law in Physics...you see what I mean?

Many wishes to everyone, may the new year enable you to make all your dreams come true!

23 Dec 2012     

< Previous   1    2