Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Start to finish phonics curriculum for esl students    

Start to finish phonics curriculum for esl students

splashman2
Taiwan

Start to finish phonics curriculum for esl students

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a phonics curriculum or syllabus for beginner to advanced in phonics
Something specialized in Taiwan or Asia would be best but all suggestions are welcome
As well as current Asian phonics theory.

Thank you
Chandler

21 Jan 2009      

Logos
Malaysia

I would thoroughly recommend �Jolly Phonics�.  It�s methodology and genius at starting with the sounds of the letters s i t p a n to combine together to make simple words has worked every time for me.

Check out on Google all the references, there are free downloads of powerpoints and some materials that can be used.  The work books are quite expensive to buy, but I have found that it is quite easy to make your own materials, particularly now that there are sites which can generate simple writing templates.

I have also prepared my own PowerPoint games using this system.  So, I wholeheartedly recomment Jolly Phonics.

21 Jan 2009