Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > LEARN ENGLISH IN FRANCE    

LEARN ENGLISH IN FRANCE

jannabanna
France

LEARN ENGLISH IN FRANCE

An original idea for learning English:

Janet

29 Dec 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What a great idea. All the best with it, Janet. Your house and your husband look lovely. 

29 Dec 2012     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Lovely idea but if i wanted to learn English it would be much better to visit an english speaking country!  I visited France, ages ago, and learned french.  Sadly I �ve forgotten most of it.  Why? Because nobody speaks French in Oz.  So learn English in an English speaking country.  Come to Oz for a holiday and stay a lifetime :-) 
Cheers and see ya downunder.
P.s New Zealand is just across the Tasman, and although much smaller and colder, also worth a visit!

29 Dec 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Well , Peter, let �s make a deal: You come over to brush up your French at my place and in exchange, I come downunder to brush up my English and I visit you and Jayho! How about that?LOL
Now, Janet if I can stay at your �chambre d �h�tes �and you promise me an English breakfast in the morning,  I will come and spend a few hours beushing up my English with you! OK?Wink

29 Dec 2012     

jannabanna
France

@ Peter - I �m also offering French lessons which will probably get off quicker here in France, but as most of my career has been teaching English, I thought it might be good to add that too.  So many French business people don �t have time to go to England or the USA and just need a quick intensive course.  The Tourist Office here is backing me up and helping with marketing the two possibilities, so fingers crossed.  Have a look at my website and see what you think!  http://maison.broustiquet.monsite-orange.fr/

@Mariethe - Unfortunately you won �t get an English breakfast here, my husband is French and as I �ve been here since 1981, I �m afraid I am rather French too, but I could manage some tea and maybe homemade scones when you come by, OK ?!

For my French friends and their students: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqFcXtKAYYM

Janet - a very busy retired teacher !!!

29 Dec 2012     

Isabel L
Spain

And the students � English will sound like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gzgc248AYQ

Just kidding Wink Good luck!!

29 Dec 2012     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Oh please, don �t make me cry.  All those memories of du pain au chocolat and the lovely french women, oh lala.  Not to forget that french is a far more musical language than english.  You see, there are the tears of happy memories again ;-)
Still, life is what happens when we �re busy making other plans (a John Lennon quote) so i ended up down under.  Anyone visiting is welcome, but remember, the place is bigger than Europe! A trip from Sydney to Perth is similar as a trip from Paris to Moscow!!!

29 Dec 2012     

jannabanna
France

@ Isabel - I hope not - I �m British!  By the way, loved the film, sounds like my poor husband when he tries to speak English !!!

@Peter - might come down one day if I earn enough money in my "business" !!  If I do I �ll bring some pains au chocolat et des croissants !!!

30 Dec 2012     

Jayho
Australia

LoL Isabel - it would have been easier to teach "I would like to buy a Big Mac".  Hilarious movie.

and Peter - what about Cadbury �s chocolate and the lovely Ozzie ladies???  Is it ooh la la too? 

Yep, Sydney to Perth is 4000kms via a huge desert - at least 36 hours of actual driving time (so, 4+ days) , 3 days by train and between 3.5 and 5 hours by plane depending on wind factor

Mariethe - you are welcome in the land downunder

Janet - great videos and great idea.  Good luck.

Cheers

Jayho

30 Dec 2012