Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A thought...     

A thought...

anaisabel001
Spain

I completely agree with Zora and with alien boy!!

21 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I agree with you that we have to be polite, give the benefit of the doubt and understand that anybody can make a mistake because we are humans but....

....I�ll quote nebo_Londona�s words "If I e.g. create something I spend time and I remember every single picture and every single frame on my WS and for sure I will not forget how I worked hard"http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3927
And that�s the point of that  post  yesterday.

We  were questioning about the possibility of forgetting that those wss you were uploading weren�t yours. I don�t believe it is "that" easy and I�ll quote nnebo_Londona�s words once and once again!!!!

I think that this site has become what it is thanks to the contribution and really hard work of many members. Everyday we have been able to  download "masterpieces" that are not due of a magic act of the uploaders but because of many hours of hard work. But I have also seen that this wave of stolen worksheets is going higher and higher. If it weren�t for the attentive attitude of some members, we may have reached a point when most the worksheets were stolen and those creative teachers would be discouraged from producing any new worksheet because it may be uploaded by another member later!!!

So, if we are going to be polite and considerate with those who apologize and understand that they may have made a mistake , please  be polite and  understanding with those angry teachers who report!!!!! It may not be necessary to do it, but in a way it is a way of letting sthg off their chests!!! Why not accepting the point of view of those members who do not believe in such mistakes????

Finally, please read frenchfrog�s post:

21 Jan 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Jessika
All my support, mainly, as some other members said, because we are teachers, things like these are not acceptable. Rules are rules, I am sad this situation is going on with a Portuguese teacher. I left a comment , if that upload was a mistake, we are waiting for the printables she had ready to upload.
I haven�t seen them, have you?

21 Jan 2009     

Zora
Canada

Before people start pointing fingers at Eliana, have you even bothered to look at her points? She has over 10000!! I seriously doubt that she was stealing... and that alone, in my mind, clears her from any fault. It was a mistake and I can�t see how people can continue to harp on about what she has done.

Also, as Victor has pointed out today - this posting of stolen worksheets on the board, and accusing of one another has got to stop. It makes for a very bad "working" environment.
Heck, I have gotten to the point that I am almost afraid to upload new things in case somebody starts yelling it�s stolen at me! This is not good people... think about it.

And accusing publicly is not letting off steam, it�s purposely being spiteful and attacking people - with or without good reason - but for whatever the reason, to me, it is undignified and petty. We are people here with feelings, if you need to let off steam, private message somebody like I do and do it there - please.

21 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear Zora,

I never agree with being rude and unpolite. If at any time I did it, I do apologize. But My post was not an absolute answer to what you have said. I said that because I feel that those who watch out the stolen contributions have been attacked more than those who steal. This is what I feel, sorry if I�m mistaken.

21 Jan 2009     

Zora
Canada

And I have one question to pose to you... Why do you think that those people are being attacked more? Could it perhaps be that many of us do not like the constant posting on the board of stolen material? Or that many of us find it embarrassing to see members attacked publicly or accused falsely? Or maybe it�s just that we find that it�s depressing that many seem to revel in the idea of finding the next "stolen worksheet" so we can shout it to the world - it almost seems like there is a contest out there "Let�s see who can find the stolen printable first?"...

Besides Victor has a report button for such purposes - people should use it - because when he erases the worksheet in question, he takes away that persons points which defeats the purpose of putting up a printable of that type in the first place.

My theory is: You see it, report it directly to him, just please don�t clutter up the board with it.

21 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2