Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > As a teacher as I am    

As a teacher as I am

GRACE MARTIN
Argentina

As a teacher as I am

Why am I the only one who is asked to upload THINGS before downloading material? My sister is a teacher too, and she has no problem to download without uploading anything, and the same happens  to a friend of mine. How do you get to know that I �m a teacher, and the printables worksheets are very useful for me. Of course I wouldn �t have any problem to upload " something of my own creation" if I had it, but the fact is that if I �m looking here for something, it is because I don �t have!!!!

Thanks to everybody....

GRACE
TEACHER OF ENGLISH

8 Jan 2013      

mrmiker
Malaysia

I have also spent my lunchtime registering and still am unable to download anything, as a new esl teacher I have nothing as yet to upload, it does seem a little back to front Wacko??!!!!!

8 Jan 2013     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Please, read the rules of this site here. You will understand many things. And if you don�t agree with the rules, sorry, this site will not change them because of such an attitude. I hope you will upload some of your own worksheets soon so that you can download many others and enjoy the fruits of this website. Have a nice day. Wink 

8 Jan 2013     

wysiwyg
France

The answer is in the presentation of the site: "Welcome to ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc."

Exchange.

There are plenty of websites where you can download worksheets for free, and without sharing your own work, but this one is a sharing site.

9 Jan 2013     

alex076
Italy

Dear Grace and mrmiker,
welcome to this wonderful communityStar
The site works as follows: you upload one or two worksheets (as a start), you get some points, then you �re allowed to download other people �s worksheets. Easy, isn �t it? Smile
I can �t believe anyone is able to download if he/she hasn �t got any points!?
You say you haven �t got anything to upload...right - I was in the same situation one year ago; but if you are a little creative you can try and make a WS of your own
You can draw inspiration from the ones you see here. Grammar exercises, speaking activities, reading comprehension tasks...there are thousands of them. Only make sure not to copy, it �s forbidden! 
Go for it, CREATE! You �ll see that approval from other members will spur you! This site is adddictive, believe me! 
Alessandra

9 Jan 2013     

joy2bill
Australia

With all due respect..this is a website for sharing. There are other sites where you can get work for nothing but that, in my opinion, is not the true spirit of teaching. Teachers share! Here we help each other and grow as we learn how to create. We all started off where you are and gradually honed our skills. You are probably aware that there are also sites where you have to pay for the wonderful worksheets, lesson plans and advice that are given freely here.
Remember: there is no such thing as a free lunch!
Cheers Joy

9 Jan 2013     

jayen
France

SHARING -that �s the key word. Remember all the members spend time creating materials which they selflessly share to other members. Of course, you can get free worksheets elsewhere, but this is not the spirit of this website.
So start contributing too and you �ll see you �ll get much more than what you share.
This website is truely addictive.

Let me seize this opportunity to greet all the members of this wonderful website a HAPPY NEW YEAR too.

9 Jan 2013     

jannabanna
France

I agree with everyone here about SHARING!  Of course, it �s frustrating at first, but it seems only fair to send some of your work before being able to download others.

Just for your information, I also share my worksheets in English and French  (they also have other languages on  http://en.islcollective.com/ ; there you can download worksheets without uploading any of your own, but I have been disappointed by the way some teachers (who have never uploaded anything) feel free to make comments on some of the worksheets.  That �s not my idea of SHARING at all !!

Janet

9 Jan 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Grace Martin. Welcome to this great site. I don �t mean to circumvent the rules of this site but if your friend and sister are getting stuff from here w/o contributing then go under their account and get the stuff free yourself. Ed

9 Jan 2013     

mjpa
Spain

Grace: i can�t believe you�re a teacher and you don�t even have ONE single work of your own.

9 Jan 2013     

yanogator
United States

Hi, Grace and mrmiker,
I spent about an hour creating two simple but useful games, uploaded them, and gained 43 points in two days. Now I am a premium member, so I can download 30 worksheets a day from the new contributions. It �s that simple!

Bruce

9 Jan 2013     

1    2    Next >