Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > WORD OF THE DAY    

WORD OF THE DAY

lurdesilva
Portugal

WORD OF THE DAY

Hi everybody!
I �ve just found out that I was selected as the winner of the word of the day and am supposed to choose a new word. I �d like to thank MarionG for choosing me. In fact, I �m quite surprised as it was my first participation ever! Lucky me!

Now, here �s the new word: GYNOTIKOLOBOMASSOPHILE

Any ideas about its meaning? I �m looking forward to reading your suggestions.
Have fun!Big smile

And please tell me, am I supposed to choose a winner today or tomorrow?
Thanks!

9 Jan 2013      

sarguero
Spain

Lobo in Spanish = Wolf

So it �s a very huge maso-phile wolf

9 Jan 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s someone who likes to nibble on women �s earlobes. Wink ha ha. (This is aydin�s definition.)

9 Jan 2013     

anamia
Croatia

it �s the evolutin of lady �s underwear from 1920 up to now

9 Jan 2013     

elderberrywine
Germany

GYNOTIKOLOBOMASSOPHILE

gynaecologist - tickle - (ear) lobes - massage - love

Now this is an easy one. I �ve just disected the word which makes it much more manageable. Let me explain. Just follow the green explanations, the colour red will highlight which part of the word I �m talking abut.

GYNOTIKOLOBOMASSOPHILE - the gynaecologist
GYNOTIKOLOBOMASSOPHILE - from Greek "love" loves it
                                                           when his patients or assistants
GYNOTIKOLOBOMASSOPHILE - tickle
GYNOTIKOLOBOMASSOPHILE - his ear lobes
GYNOTIKOLOBOMASSOPHILE - or give him a massage

Here we go: the gynaecologist loves it when his patients or assistants tickle his ear lobes or give him a massage.

and frankly, who wouldn �t ???

9 Jan 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

It is a love thang. It �s a word for an Italian guy (Gyno) who loves (phile) to tickle (tikol) our current president �s (Obama) donkey (ass). Ed

9 Jan 2013     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

GYNOTIKOLOBOMASSOPHILE

GYNOTIKOL is a Medical Preparation which prevents the male body from wanting to --- you know! --- with females of the opposite sex.

A HOBO (OBO) is a man who travels on a Railway Train without a Ticket.

MASSOPHILE is a MASS of FILES on Computer, which was prepared by the Dutch Professor I. Van Akssent.  This programme guides the hobo through the financial process of applying to the Medical Authorities for a Free GYNOTIKOL Tablet which will make him celibate for 67 years, or alternatively, of applying for a Free RAILWAY TICKET which will last him 3 days, (and costs $100).

A third alternative is to get a 25� ticket on a bus, meet a nice girl, and marry her.

Les Douglas 

10 Jan 2013