Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!    

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

rosasud
Peru

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody knows who invented the communicative approach? I have been searching on the web, but it is so confused. I am doing my thesis... Please  if you have any information, i will be very  grateful.... Thanks for advanced 

30 Jan 2013      

dadou
Tunisia

The communicative approach (CA) was developed by Robert Langs MD, In the early 1970 �s. It is a new theory or paradigm of emotional life and psychoanalysis that is centered on human adaptations to emotionally-charged events--with full appreciation that such adaptations take place both within awareness (consciously) and outside of awareness (unconsciously). The approach gives full credence to the unconscious side of emotional life and has rendered it highly sensible and incontrovertible by discovering a new, validated, and deeply meaningful way of decoding unconscious messages. This procedure-called trigger decoding--has brought forth new and highly illuminating revisions of our understanding of both emotional life and psychotherapy, and it calls for significant changes in presently accepted psychoanalytic thinking and practice. 

30 Jan 2013     

valentinaper
Greece

I think what dadou mentions has to do with communicative psychotherapy, and what you are looking for is communicative language teaching (CLT)

CLT is usually characterized as a broad approach to teaching, rather than as a teaching method with a clearly defined set of classroom practices. As such, it is most often defined as a list of general principles or features. One of the most recognized of these lists is David Nunan�s (1991) five features of CLT.

For more info, check out this link.

30 Jan 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Definitely not Robert Langs, MD who is a psychiatrist, invented the communicative approach to language teaching.

30 Jan 2013     

sa3ida
Tunisia

I totally agree with dadou just check the following link:
http://www.google.tn/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs16.ntue.edu.tw%2Fflame%2Fteachers%2Ffen%2F%25E8%258B%25B1%25E8%25AA%259E%25E6%2595%2599%25E5%25AD%25B8%2F2009%2520report%2FCommunicative%2520Approach.doc&ei=HoUJUb64MNKP4gT4xoGgBA&usg=AFQjCNGV2iLTzmGTXu2HNzcJ0cwKWBh5xQ&bvm=bv.41642243,d.Yms&cad=rja

30 Jan 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Sorry, but that �s just one link that is a bit too long.

30 Jan 2013     

Apodo
Australia

@ueslteacher: The link worked OK for me.

31 Jan 2013