Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Winner of the caption    

Winner of the caption

falafel
Tunisia

Winner of the caption

Hi dear all. I have enjoyed all your suggestions. Then finally I have chosen the examples sent by Douglas. So congratulation Douglas. Hope you a good time choosing one new picture for the new Caption.

"Hey! Don �t drink all the water, I �m trying to take a bath!"
 or
 "I�m not touching that slimey thing, I�d rather drown."
 or
 "I wouldn�t drink that if I were you Babar.  Do you want to guess why my tail is slightly raised?" 

14 Mar 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Congrats, Douglas, but can anyone answer me this: how many muscles are there in an elephant �s trunk? Do not google! 

14 Mar 2013     

yanogator
United States

Because you asked, Lynne, I �m going to guess one. That seems to be impossible, though.

Bruce

14 Mar 2013     

valentinaper
Greece

Since we �re guessing, I �ll say 100. I figured if Lynne asks, then it should be sth no one expects!

14 Mar 2013     

alex1968
Greece

I �ll go to the other extreme and say "none". 
I somehow can �t remember seeing any bones attached to mammoth skeleton �s I �ve seen...I just remember the tusks!Wink

14 Mar 2013     

anaram
Spain

I �d say there �s a huge amount of muscles but none or very few bones. No, that�s a stupid guess. It�s got to be either none or quite a few; otherwise it wouldn�t be so flexible.

15 Mar 2013     

douglas
United States

Thanks falafel!

As for the elephant thing--I know I �ve read this somewhere before, but am at a total loss--I �m going to say one (as bruoooce said), just because I couldn �t justify none.

Okay, I looked it up--I�m embarassed.Embarrassed

15 Mar 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

actually, there was a Did you know? article in the book we use for the 5th grade and it said 40,000!

Sophia

15 Mar 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

40,000 or thereabouts it is! Give that lady (Soophia) a coconut!

15 Mar 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I wouldn �t have known that without the book though, LynneEmbarrassed

15 Mar 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

I didn �t answer because I own a pet elephant and it would not have been fair on my part. Ed

15 Mar 2013