Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Explanation    

Explanation

jmarwa
Qatar

Explanation

Hi Teachers

I have ( dedction ) & ( indection ) strategies in our lesson plan .
But I don �t have enough information about these startegies to apply them in the my class.

Can you help me ??

Thanks Alot

Marwa

15 Mar 2013      

maceman
Canada

Hello Marwa.

I think what you may be looking for is inductive and deductive strategies. Here is some information for you (taken from the the website www2.education.ualberta.ca/)
There is more information there on this topic if you search deductive and inductive.

"Two very distinct and opposing instructional approaches are inductive and deductive. Both approaches can offer certain advantages, but the biggest difference is the role of the teacher. In a deductive classroom, the teacher conducts lessons by introducing and explaining concepts to students, and then expecting students to complete tasks to practice the concepts; this approach is very teacher-centred. Conversely, inductive instruction is a much more student-centred approach and makes use of a strategy known as �noticing�."

Hope this helps you get started.

Have a great day.

15 Mar 2013     

jmarwa
Qatar

maceman
thanks for helping

15 Mar 2013