Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Happy Norouz    

Happy Norouz

Peter Hardy
Australia

Happy Norouz

Hi Everybody.  I know it �s easter soon, but long before christianity had a go, there was Zoroastrianism.  And Easter may be on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the equinox (when the sun crosses the equator and forms a virtual cross in the sky), but Persian New Year is on the day of the Equinox, which is today, 20th March.  So, before you colour your eggs, have a Happy Norouz.
Cheers
Peter

20 Mar 2013      

Cartuxa
Portugal

Wow, thanks a lot for teaching me that, I didn �t have a clue about it! Very interesting!

20 Mar 2013     

medad
Iran

Yes, today is Norouz in Iran and tomorrow is the first day of spring. We celebrate Norouz. Tomorrow is the first day of our new year, 1992.
Happy Norouz to all.

20 Mar 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

Thanks, Peter. Many years ago, I had a friend who was, unfortunately, a demented Queen fan and he always referred to Easter as �Nawraz � (apparently, the lead singer was a Zoroastrian).
Incidentally, there �s an interesting take on the pre-christian origins of some Easter traditions here (if you can ignore the fey hippy-dippy slobbering Smile).

20 Mar 2013