Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help with correction!    

Help with correction!

beefeater
Albania

Help with correction!

Hello!

Could anyone please help me correcting this text? I �m in a bit of a hurry!

THANKS!

A sower leaves home to sow some seeds. As he sows the seeds, some seeds fall down by a wall. Some people walk on them and the birds finally eat them.
A sower goes to sow some seeds.

Some seeds fall onto the rocky ground, where there is not much earth, and they bloom because the earth is not deep. But when the sun rises, they are scorched and dried because they have no roots.

Some seeds fall  among hawthorn. The hawthorn grow and drawn the seeds.But some seeds  fall onto good ground, and bear fruit, some hundred fruits, some sixty, some thirty.

This parable shows us the importance of sowing the word of the Lord in good soil. If we do not pay attention to the moral lessons, we will not understand the word of the Lord. If  the things of the world are more important for us than the kingdom of God, the word will not bear good fruit in us.

21 Mar 2013      

Apodo
Australia

I �d change these words:

Some seeds fall  among hawthorn. The hawthorn grows and smothers the seeds. But some seeds  fall onto good ground, and bear fruit, some a hundred fruit, some sixty, and some thirty.

If we do not pay attention to moral lessons

The use of hawthorn is confusing - it�s being used as a collective word for the plant.

Some seeds fall  among weeds. The weeds grow and smother the seeds.

The plants would be smothered or choked, not drowned.

21 Mar 2013     

yanogator
United States

Just one small disagreement with Apodo. i would just say "and bear fruit, some a hundred, some sixty, and some thirty". I think "a hundred fruit" doesn �t quite sound natural, befcause it�s using the uncountable form after a number.

Bruce

21 Mar 2013     

Terri Lawson
New Zealand

The original text says " some a hundred fold, some sixty fold and some thirty".  I think that means 100 times, 60 times and 30 times.

21 Mar 2013