Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > A film for a beginner. Suggestions please    

A film for a beginner. Suggestions please

mercader11
Venezuela

A film for a beginner. Suggestions please

Just to know which is the material you use or you might suggest so as to be used with some ss who are coming from "zero beginner" to "beginner" but are demanding for films witheasy vocabulary that help them to get into the english world ASAP. My ss are teenagers and adults. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

28 Mar 2013      

litavra-sk
Russian Federation

I used an educational sitcom called Extr@. It worked quite well

28 Mar 2013     

manusyasya
Ukraine

I used New Headway Beginner Video. It goes with the activity book. My ss liked it. We also watched extr@, but it didn �t go as well as the first.

Headway Video, Beginner is the first level of an innovative English language teaching video series. It combines light-hearted drama within six units to provide rich and varied learning material. 

28 Mar 2013     

ninon100
Russian Federation

I agree with EXTRA ENGLISH, but you should know that it gets more and more difficult by the episode. There are 30 of them, and only about 10 first are suitable for beginners/elem. The rest are better for elem/pre-intermediate students. But it depends on your approach - you could always give a helping printable.
And there �s a nother series which is absolutely hilarious, but suitable more for adults than teenagers - "MIND YOUR LANGUAGE". The level is higher in it, I �d recommend it to pre-int/interm students. Maybe you �ll find it useful in the future :)

28 Mar 2013