Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > FOR FREE    

FOR FREE

frenchfrog
France

FOR FREE

FOR FREE!!!!
AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

25 Jan 2009      

Mietz
Germany

I reported them stolen, too (after having reported them as non ESL-printables last night). Hopefully that account won�t last much longer. Angry

More annoying are the people, who still download, and or don�t read the comments. That�s been discussed so many times here, that one should think that people know better. It�s sad having to realize, that they just don�t care!
I shouldn�t complain though - I�m from the "pro-thank-you-notes-fraction". Maybe I was/ am part of causing that one. Wacko

25 Jan 2009     

Jull
Finland

Thank you! Happy New Year!

25 Jan 2009     

sonsoperez
Spain

Thank you Frenchfrog. What can be done to stop all this going on and on and on?

25 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Good evening frenchfrog! Good evening to you all!

I also reported those worksheets last night as not being an ESL resource. Now, just like Mietz, I�ve reported them stolen. I am not sure if they can be considered stolen, as I am not sure if someone can say that my images are stolen because I haven�t definitely made or drawn any of them... However, I felt that was the right thing to do. Had that contributor made some exercises to go with the pictures, I�m sure I would never have said they had been stolen.

Like Mietz again, it was extremely disturbing for me to realize that so many members in the site are so focused on their needs that they don�t care about anything else. On the whole, those worksheets have  more than 250 downloads!

Mietz, I didn�t understand the one about the "pro-thank-you-fraction". I am too. But what has it got to do with this?

A nice evening to you all!
mena

25 Jan 2009     

Im Lety
Mexico

Hi...

Those WSs you are talking about Froggy...Are just pretty nice to make some good exercises...

How long could a person take to do an activity...?

Maybe they dont know the rules and they will figure out trhough the time...

As I said before, each person here has his/her own way to work but I think we should put a little more effort into what we do since we are sharing our work with thousands of colleagues...

Our work speaks for us...

Greetings

25 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

@ ImLety
Maybe they don�t know the rules... They shouldn�t be members here then. You sign in saying, that you comprehended the rules and are going to follow them. ...

@ Mena
I meant the "Thank you" comments under all the comments that stated, that those worksheets are not an ESL-resource/ are stolen. Maybe we�ve been going on so much about people not saying thank you, that some are now thanking even for stolen worksheets. (I�m slightly sarcastic here.) Actually - it�s happened to me before, too. I felt awful about that and ever since I do READ THE COMMENTS BEFORE DOWNLOADING.

Also - these pictures can be considered stolen, as the person
- didn�t make them herself/ himself,
- never bothered to put a source,
- never added anything at all of her/ his own creation...

Yes - they are lovely pics to create ESL-resources from, BUT just for that they shouldn�t be here and they shouldn�t be downloaded, as Frenchfrog gave the links to the free downloads under the comments and in the forum.

25 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I think that a new category should be added to the worksheet report. I mean, the "it�s not an Esl resource" "It is a copy. I�ve seen the original here" and "The file is empty or corrupted" are not enough. Maybe something like "the picture or the text in this picture has been copied and pasted from.." would be OK because I have also seen that many people make worksheets by just copying and pasting texts from a site without adding any exercise or giving the credits to the author or the site.

I�m also saying this because if these pictures had the labels "bedroom", "bathroom" ,"kitchen", etc, they would be accepted as flashcards. So we also have to revise the meaning of "accepted flashcards" in this site. It�s very easy to copy and paste a picture on a word document and write a word as a  label, upload and get the points you need in other to download valuable printables from other hard working members. I really think that a flashcard may have it�s value as such if it accompanies an exercise on a worksheet. Uploaded alone, It is  just "copying and pasting"

There are lots of members who get a lot of points only by uploading flashcards. And... as Frenchfrog once said, the hard working, talented and creative members (I�m not talking about me,  of cooouuuurse!!!) have to share their worksheets with those people.

BTW: It has become very frequent to upload greetings as flashcards. Can we do that? Because you know that I have a great collection of good-morning, good-afternoon and good-evening comments that I don�t think are appropriate to upload because they don�t mean any special elaboration!!!!

25 Jan 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

hi, my dear frog, and French too
yesterday i looked at those pictures and I thought " They look good, but... I can�t download them, they are not English resources and, " with tears in my eyes" I didn�t download them. However I didn�t report, because I was not sure what to say, so I let them to our cow sheriff, ( by the way, is she on holidays, coffee break, on the dole, what happened , I haven�t seen her recently ?)
Now, God is good, only present, sees everything, never sleeps, and when I need something, well, something happens - I am a lucky girl ( girl, because my mirror has broken some time ago ). So all the pictures which I thought could be useful, here they are thanks to my dearest frog.
i am almost able to say that frogs are a kind of kind animals - I have one in my garden and, cause of you, I am learning to establish a civilized relationship with him / her.
Cheers to "some" of the FROGS
Thank you Frenchfrog
olindalima

26 Jan 2009