Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

dutchboydvh
Singapore

Word of the Day

Thanks for chosing my silly definition.  lol

OK... today �s word is...  "Squizzy"

Have at it!

-Dar

4 Apr 2013      

sarguero
Spain

Squizzy is a slippery dipsy squid, belly full of 12 years old whisky instead of black ink.

4 Apr 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Actually, Squizzy was a notorious Australian gangster in the 1920 �s

and a squiz is Ozzie for taking a quick look at something

But my definition is a very tight hug (squeeze)

5 Apr 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Dar, shame on you!! This word is hardly appropriate for a forum of educators! Before I became an English teacher, this is the kind of thing I would get worked up about (before I became an english teacher I studied law and my master �s is on sexual harassment). 
A "squizzy" is a belittling term for a �so-called � friendly squeeze of a woman �s buttocks. Together with suggestive innuendo and crude jokes, the �squizzy � ranks highest among workplace sexual harassments. "Oh, come on, no big deal, it was just a squizzy!" is one of the most common "excuses" offered for base male behaviour. I really believe we shouldn �t strenghten/spread this word lightheartedly in a game on a forum...

5 Apr 2013     

irawinj
Malaysia

A "squizzy" is a belittling term for a �so-called � friendly squeeze of a woman �s buttocks. 

Wow! That �s a new word for me.

5 Apr 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

ho, wait a minute, irawinj!!
don �t quote me as giving the defintionion of the word...
I was just playing the game.... I have no idea whatsoever what the word means..couldn �t even find it on google (besides it being the name of a gangster)
kinda funny to see how convicincing I sound....LOL (more people asked me if I was serious)

5 Apr 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Yeah, you got me Marion. I thought you were dinkum

5 Apr 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

Jayho!  No fair!!  LOL  You aren �t supposed to expose the real meaning!  Tongue
Yes a squizzy is Kiwi or Ozzy slang for taking a quick look at something.  For example "Let me take a quick squizzy at the shrimp on the barbie." 

And MarionG... i would NEVER touch a person �s bottom in an offhanded way!  LOL You got me as well... thought you were serious!  YIKE!

Ok MarionG I �m passing the torch to you, as you fooled me! I actually believed your definition.   LOL

Take it away!

5 Apr 2013