Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > The last lesson - ideas?    

The last lesson - ideas?

dobrawaa
Poland

The last lesson - ideas?

I �m finishing a 3-year course with my students. They are very tired and even though they are preparing for their school-leaving exams, they are fed up with "exam exercises". I thought I might do something relaxing with them. Do you have any idea what I could do with them? I �m looking for a relaxing game in which they will have an opportunity to have fun and practice English at the same time.

My students are 19 years old.

I have a projector connected to the internet + a blackboard Tongue

All ideas appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Ania

13 Apr 2013      

alexcure
Poland

Hi Ania,
 You can ask them to write words connected with these three years with you, first in their copybooks, then play the associations game, that is: you ask, one by one to write one of the words or phrases they have prepared and then the class guesses its or their reference, for example:

26 April - (the date of birth of Lucy)

elephants - (the lesson with you two years ago when e.g. Tom made everyone laugh)  etc

With my classes we also used designs, then the class was to guess what those who designed had in mind ;-). At the beginning they might have less ideas but slowly they ted to catch it and it turns to be a good fun....

I hope it helps ;-)

Love,

Alexandra

13 Apr 2013     

Iciar
Spain

I think I would do a jeopardy game to review all the contents. A bit of competition can motivate them a lot.

Sorry, I can�t help you with the resources I use, my children are much more smaller :-(

13 Apr 2013     

sarguero
Spain

What about a Karaoke competition where they can sing their favourite songs with lyrics in the blackboard and they wearing costumes, fake mikes, instruments....made by themselves...

They can vote for the best, witty or funny performance.

13 Apr 2013     

orly100
Israel

There is a great set of games of one of ESL members (sorry don �t rememer who...) that will be great opportunity to have fun and practice English.
The name of the set is: A 5 minute Activity for kids.
The have to:
Write three words in each category!
 My pupils loved it.

Can someone help?
Best
OrlyThumbs Up

13 Apr 2013     

Iciar
Spain

How about asking them to prepare a resource in groups in order to review the contents?
They can choose the content and the way to do it. If you have time in the classroom they can have one or two days to prepare they exposition.
Another day, you can give each group 15 minutes to do the exposition. You can ask them to prepare a video, powerpoint, game, etc. Whatever they like. They have to do it for the rest of the students.
Sometimes they come up with brilliant ideas!
When I was a student myself some of my mates did a rap to learn the life of a Spanish writer, it was very funny!!

13 Apr 2013     

dobrawaa
Poland

Thank you for all the ideas :)

13 Apr 2013     

ninon100
Russian Federation

Why don �t you play DIXIT with them? In English, of course.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixit_%28card_game%29
My students were fascinated by it and I couldn �t make them stop playing at the end of our last class. If you have more students than players required, they can unite in pairs and each pair plays as if it �s one person. The rules are very simple!

13 Apr 2013