Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Pop songs using SIMPLE PAST...    

Pop songs using SIMPLE PAST...

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Pop songs using SIMPLE PAST...

Hi dear friends! I was wondering if you know any nice pop song using Simple Past to teach my secondary school students. I would like to treat them with sth like Maroon5, One direction...
Have you got any nice suggestion? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs! Fabiola

18 Apr 2013      

florimago
Spain

Hi Fabiola: check "don �t you worry,child" by Swedish house mafia, an easy catchy one and teenagers love it !!! Flori

18 Apr 2013     

lurdesilva
Portugal

What about "You knew" by Pink? Or "Photograph" by Nickelback? They are both nice songs. I�ve already used them and my students loved them.       

18 Apr 2013     

omarengteacher
Peru

It �s not so popular song, but you can use "Mexico" by Cake, which is especially useful in Begginer Level because it �s quite slow 

18 Apr 2013     

cindyfreksen
Denmark

I have a worksheet here on the sight using the song �You needed me � I know that it is not modern, but it uses a lot of simple past verbs. I think that I have uploaded a worksheet as well as a gap fill exercise ti use whilst listening to the song. I will check that all of it is there :-)

Cindy

19 Apr 2013