Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Is the text OK?    

Is the text OK?

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Is the text OK?

Hi, it �s me again. I �m sorry for occupying the forum today but as I don �t do it very often I hope you won �t mind. I amm preparing a ws for my students for Past simple and Past continuous and I wrote this text:

Yesterday we decided to go to the beach because the  weather was great. The sun was shining so we took our car and left home. When we arrived to the beach there were a lot of people. We found a nice place near the sea and ran into the waves. Suddenly we saw three dolphins. They were swimming towards us. At first we wanted to run out of the water but then we changed our minds. The dolphins came to us and started to play with our ball. Then they were throwing the ball to Peter. It was fantastic. We were throwing the ball to them and they were throwing it back to us. Then suddenly it started to rain. We took the ball and ran out of the water. The dolphins waved with their fins and swam away. Later, when we were running to our car, a lightening hit next to Sarah. Fortunately nothing happened to her. We got safely home and were talking about the great adventure for the rest of the evening.

I would be happy if you could check possible mistakes because I �M not a native so I am sure they might be some.

Thank you once more for your help and have a great day, Hug
Michaela

13 May 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Nice passage, I �m teaching past cont at the mo, so I �ll use this, if you don �t mind. 

When we arrived at the beach. The dolphins came up to us. Lightning struck ( �there was a lightning strike � is better) next to Sarah. 

�We spent the rest of the evening talking � is better, but not necessary.

Nice story!

13 May 2013     

dragonfly2
Portugal

I �m not a native speaker but here are my suggestions:

"arrived AT the beach", not "to the beach"

"We got safely home and TALKED about the great adventure for the rest of the evening."

Hope this is helpful,

Drragonfly2

13 May 2013     

yanogator
United States

Note that in Lynn �s correction, she has "Lightning struck...", not "A lightning", and that there �s no "e" in "lightning".

Bruce

13 May 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Thank you so much, you �re great, guys. Thumbs Up

@Lynn, you can have it tomorrow for free. ;-)

13 May 2013