Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > The Queen ´s Coronation - 60th anniversary    

The Queen ´s Coronation - 60th anniversary

mourisca
Portugal

The Queen ´s Coronation - 60th anniversary

http://havefunwithyourenglish.blogspot.pt/2013/06/the-queens-coronation-60th-anniversary.html

4 Jun 2013      

Missbrittany
France

Very interesting, thanks!

4 Jun 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Looks like another caption game:) I ´m feeling the itch already:)
Sophia

4 Jun 2013     

yanogator
United States

She was crowned very shortly before I was born. Yes, I ´ll be 60 in July.

Bruce

4 Jun 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What date? I want to have a party!Big smile Are you Cancer or Leo? Cancerians are loving, sensitive, easily hurt and very romantic. Leos are outgoing, friendly, have to be the centre of attention (of course), also easily wonded. All this is true.   

As regards the Coronation, it was before I was born also, but my nana had the first TV in the village and everyone came round to watch it. I was always hearing stories about it, mainly the grandma-erial pride at having the telly and providing the whole village with cakes, tea and biscuits.

Lynne

5 Jun 2013     

yanogator
United States

July 11, Lynne. I tell people that it was a lucky day (7-11, as we write dates in the US) for the world when I was born. So, it ´s Cancer. Don ´t forget that Cancer is a double sign - the crab and the moonchild. I am definitely the round-faced, friendly moonchild (although I was afraid of the moon when I was a baby).

Bruce

5 Jun 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@Yanogator. That ´s a great sign. Both of my sons were born under it and as a Piscean (with Scorpio rising), I am in perfect sync. I believe all this. I will raise a glass to you, Broocie, on July 11th. 60? It ´s no age. 

My granda was out at the pub, celebrating his 87th birthday and a young fellow bought him a drink. ´By heck Jack, 87! � he exclaimed, ´that ´s a great age! �. ´Aye � replied the old fella, ´but 27 is a greater one. � Personally, if I could choose, I would be 35 forever.

Edit: On the other hand, I often find myself saying things like: ´I am 56, if I want it, I´ll have it.�  ´Now I am 56, I don´t care!�  ´I am 56, I´ll do exactly as I please!�  ´I´m 56, whatever it is, I can cope!� I´m a big girl now. 

Lynne

5 Jun 2013