Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > help w linking ppts    

help w linking ppts

edrodmedina
United States

help w linking ppts

Hello friends and colleagues. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I �m making a table of contents to link several of my PPTs so that my students can navigate from one set of PPTs to others. My difficulty lies in that after I �ve added a button linking the PPTs, and attempt to use the link I get a warning sign telling me that my link my be dangerous. I don �t want the sign coming up whe my students are switching from one PPT to another. I �ve tried several suggestions such as going to the trust center in the PPT but when there I �m not sure what I �m supposed to choose to stop the warning from coming up. Has anyone here encountered such a thing, and how did you resolve it? Thanks in advance for you consideration.Ed

9 Jun 2013      

maryse pey�
France

Dear Ed,

Can �t your problem be an incompatibility between 2 protecting systems ? It sometimes occurs to me to have such a message between 2 complementary systems that show their power in different cases of computing danger.

9 Jun 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

Hi MaryHug. I have no idea. If so, is there something I can do? It defeats the whole purpose of linking ppts if one has to make a pit stop inbetween.

9 Jun 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Well, honestly I have only noticed the problem. And as I had serious problems once or twice I don �t want to unset my security systems. They are both efficient on problems completely different.

My friend told me that in that case of incompatibility the best is to unset one of the security systems and keep only the most efficient. But honestly this incompatiblity only occurs in private files, in my case I mean.

So I can �t advise you safely. The best would be to make a competent friend in computing to analyse if there is a conflict between 2 programs and if yes which one is the best to keep.

Sorry not to be able to say more dear friend. Just a clue to work on.

9 Jun 2013     

Jayho
Australia

I don�t know how to fix this but I googled and it and found this info that might help you

You could also PM Bryce �Alien Boy� - he�s pretty whiz-bang on the computer and might be able to help

Cheers

Jayho

9 Jun 2013