Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > movies aboue the American Dream    

movies aboue the American Dream

toandfro_
Poland

movies aboue the American Dream

Dear Colleagues!

I am looking for  tittles of the movies that epitomize the concept of the American Dream, self-made man, from zero to hero, from rags-to- riches... Anything that fits, preferably with happy-ending. Just like the Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith, anything comes to your mind?. 

I would be thankful for any suggestions! Have a nice day! :)

10 Jun 2013      

douglas
United States

This might not fit exactly to what you are looking for, but you may be able to use it:

10 Jun 2013     

Doot
Canada

Pretty Woman

10 Jun 2013     

evely
Mexico

Check this out

old movie with michael keaton 1986. Comedy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gung_Ho_%28film%29

10 Jun 2013     

Moonlightmile
Argentina

USE THE GREAT GATSBY! IT IS FASHIONABLE NOWADAYS WITH THE NEW VERSION WITH LEO DI CAPRIO! YOU CAN READ THE BOOK AND WATCH THE FILM. HOWEVER, IT DOESN �T END HAPPILY..

10 Jun 2013     

douglas
United States

Tis one is animated and is very much rock music oriented.  It has a great story and references quite a few times, events, and people of the sixties/early seventies music scenes.  I �m not sure about your students ages, but this could be good for teens and adults.

10 Jun 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

Rocky
Forrest Gump

10 Jun 2013     

bobavila
Mexico

STAND AND DELIEVER     with Eduard James Olmos a great movie about the American dream suitable for us teachers

hope it helps.

10 Jun 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

�Trading Places�, is a comedy, with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd. Good for teens and young adults. http://youtu.be/ZjDbJQKDXCY

10 Jun 2013