Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Helping or doing homework?    

Helping or doing homework?

sarguero
Spain

Helping or doing homework?

Every now and then we can read some posts with a question and multiple choice demanding for "help", not a single time but one, two, three, four..... Censored
 Ok, I know it �s our decision to answer or not this kind of posts, but what make me puzzled is when I want to know something about the so said...."questioner" and looking at his/her profile I discover that he/she hasn �t got any points or uploaded a contribution, so I �m thinking they are using the good willing of so many people for particular reasons and that �s not FAIR. Thumbs Down

Helping ... that �s right, take it for sure

Doing homework.... all particular classes must be paid.

24 Jun 2013      

Zora
Canada

I do agree with you. I have noticed that there has been a lot of that lately. Every so often it seems like we get somebody who needs help doing their classwork/homework and takes advantage of the goodwill of this site and its members.

24 Jun 2013     

douglas
United States

On the other hand, the advice given helps other (good) members to better understand the concepts as well.

24 Jun 2013     

titine69
France

I understand your point of view Douglas,I learn a lot from all the answers given.But I also agree with Sarguero and Zora:this site is meant to help us and taking advantage  of it to do homework(if this is the case) isn �t really fair.

24 Jun 2013     

Zora
Canada

That is true Douglas.

It just bugs me that people are taking advantage of others on here. Especially, when I am not seeing a lot of �thanks � being offered for the advice.

Anyways, had my say. I hope everyone is well. Smile

24 Jun 2013     

douglas
United States

I agree with you on that point Linda.

24 Jun 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Second that Jose.

Even so, if this person hypothetically was a teacher and needed clarification of some grammar points why not edit your original post instead of flooding the forum with new ones with similar requests, right?
Sophia

24 Jun 2013     

yanogator
United States

Linda,
People frequently send their thanks privately. I get a lot of private messages thanking me for help on the forum.

Bruce

24 Jun 2013