Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I worry about my Canadian colleagues    

I worry about my Canadian colleagues

maryse pey�
France

I worry about my Canadian colleagues

I have heard about floods in Canada and I worry about my Canadian colleagues.

Please give us news !

Warm thoughts and hugs to you.

Maryse.

24 Jun 2013      

mariannina
Italy

I heard from Nancy (Giovanni) and she didn �t tell me anything alarming. Let �s hope all the best for all of them.
HugHeart

Mariannina

24 Jun 2013     

Zora
Canada

The worst flooding so far - other places are supposedly going to get some of the water from the affected rivers - is the city of Calgary and towns in Alberta, near the Rockies. I am from there and my family tells me it has been horrible. They are OK, but people with houses near the rivers have not been so lucky.

Nancy and Manon are on the other side of Canada and should be alright, unless they get a big rainstorm or 1 month of rain in 3 days like the people did out west.

24 Jun 2013     

maceman
Canada

Thanks for being so thoughtful. It is greatly appreciated.
As Zora mentioned, the greatest area of flooding happened in the Western provinces of Canada. The area around Calgary, Alberta was particularly hard hit and over many people were evacuated. It was the worst flooding they have ever seen. The provinces of British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba were hard hit as well.
I live in the Niagara Falls area of Ontario and we haven �t experienced anything close to that of Western Canada.
It is getting better in the West but it will take a long time to recover completely. Our thoughts are with those in Western Canada who were affected.
Thanks for you kind thoughts.
All the best.

24 Jun 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Any news about Denise Turner ?

Thank you all for keeping in touch.

Hugs again.

24 Jun 2013     

Zora
Canada

What is Denise �s nick Maryse? Is she on Facebook? 

24 Jun 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Hi Zora,

Her nick is dturner and I actually don �t know if she is on Facebook, unfortunately. All I know is that she is living near water...

Thanks Zora. Having reassuring news is important for me. I �ve lived enough painful moments...

Hugs and take care of you, all of you ! Please.

Maryse.

24 Jun 2013     

Zora
Canada

Hi Maryse,

I don �t know where Denise lives. I have seen her around the forum though. I don �t know if this will help you or not, but only 3 people have died in tthe flood. And the city of Calgary has done an amazing job getting people to safety. In fact, the 3 that died were from High River a small town south of the city that was hit unexpectedly by the flood waters.

The rest of the towns are in a state of emergency and the cities are making sure everybody is OK.

Also, the places being flooded aren �t normally water related places. They are farmland, dry and with rivers. The problem was the mountains had snow still, it rained A LOT and the ground became saturated and could not absorb any more water. The rivers overflowed because there was too much water coming down them at once.

I think Denise is OK since I would think if she lived near water then it wasn �t in Alberta or Saskatchewan - the 2 provinces worst hit. She �s probably from the coast or Great Lakes area.

24 Jun 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Thanks again Zora,

Here in France some areas are badly hit too. I guess the weather conditions have been changing all over the world. Germany was touched and other countries... Well, internet is a wonderful tool opening the doors of world for people like me who can only travel easily by web links.

It is so good to hear from friends wherever they live. Hope Denise is alright as you say.

And if other colleagues are ok it is wonderful too. Wherever they are.

Hugs dear friend. Once again take care of you all.

Hugs.

24 Jun 2013     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thanks for thinking of us Maryse, but as Linda said the floods were in Western Canada.  It �s quite bad there and my heart goes out to the people there.  Last year we were hit very bad in our area and people are still recovering from that.  You are right, it seems as if weather conditions are changing worldwide.
Take care.

24 Jun 2013     

Doot
Canada

I live in British Columbia and although my city is fine many small cities here are fighting the water or parts are under water. The biggest problems right now is that a major section of highway was washed away on the Trans Canada highway. With the Canada Day weekend coming up next weekend, many peope cannot travel because they now have no way of getting through. We looked last night and there are so many highways closed due to flooding. 

24 Jun 2013     

1    2    Next >