Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP! Canada and Belize    

HELP! Canada and Belize

anaram
Spain

HELP! Canada and Belize

I just saw Inma �s post and thought I could also use some help.
     Next week I �m travelling to Belize and then Canada, I know they �re far apart but I had some AA vouchers I wanted to use.
     Here is my question: Can anybody recommend a good, practical guidebook/sites for those countries and/or give some advice.
         In Canada, we �re flying to Montreal and we want to visit Toronto, Niagara, Ottawa and Quebec city and would like to see some nature also (two week �s trip)
        In Belize, I �ll be only from the 17th to the 21st and would like to do some offshore snorkelling (I �m travelling solo there) Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ana

8 Jul 2013      

maceman
Canada

Hello Ana
Very glad to hear you are visiting Canada. I am sure you will enjoy it.
I am from the Niagara area and here is a link that will help you.
http://www.niagarafallstourism.com/play/
If I think of anything else I will send it along.
All the best!

8 Jul 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi, 

In Qu�bec City and surroundings: the Old Qu�bec is the place to visit. There is also Ile d �Orl�ans, Chutes Montmorency within half an hour of the city.

In Montr�al: downtown, the Old Port with the cathedral, the Botanical Garden, Mont-Royal. around the Botanical Garden, there is the Olympic Stadium and the Biod�me.  It is very easy to get by in Montr�al using the subway.

In Ottawa, there is the market and the Parliament. For nature, just cross the bridge and head to Gatineau and its park. 

Canada is big...be prepared to put in some kilometers.  To give you an idea... It is a 2:30 hour drive between Qu�bec City and Montreal, about 2 hours between Montreal and Ottawa and about 5 hours between Montreal and Toronto.  Even with all that driving, you will not cover a lot of the country.   I �m telling you because sometimes tourists don �t have an idea and they think they can do many places in the same day.

Hope you enjoy your trip! Wish I could meet you but i �ll be in Spain and Portugal

8 Jul 2013     

anaram
Spain

Thank you very much for your answers. It �s really helpful.

Of course, I �m aware that Canada is the second largest country in the world and I intend to limit my trip to those cities + some nature and little towns nearby. I think that is reasonable for two weeks.

Isn �t it funny, Manonski, that  you �ll be in my country when I am in yours! Are you going to visit Granada? I �ll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

Ana

8 Jul 2013