Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > ESL kids (pre-school)    

ESL kids (pre-school)

natalie-riccio
Russian Federation

ESL kids (pre-school)

Hello! Can anyone share some ideas or materials on teaching English to pre-school kids? I �m going to tutor a 6-year-old, and I �m looking for a good coursebook as well as some teaching ideas)

18 Jul 2013      

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Hi. When I taught young children, I used hand puppets (glove puppets) to get them into a little conversation-style interaction. I wouldn �t know about course books for children that young, but keep the activities light, and change them frequently - that seemed to be the most important thing when I was teaching young children. I had done ESL training and I was used to teaching adults, but I was challenged more when I tried to keep the attention of young ones. I would also suggest you do phonics frequently, and there are many phonics activities on this site, including my contributions. Have fun :)

18 Jul 2013     

izulia
China

It �s always a good idea to involve songs when you teach the little ones.
I taught preschoolers last year (they are 3-5 years old in British schools) and I have quite a big selection of songs and videos on my class website that you might find useful. 

www.trisnursery.com

Also there are plenty of ideas on topic work and story related activities supported with hundreds of photos of my class students.

Hope you find something useful :)

19 Jul 2013     

EstherLee76
Peru

I use a variety of tools.  My students work on starfall.com for alphabet and phonics.  I have a coursebook (Jellybeans by Richmond) because it has lots of activities -- cutting, coloring, etc.  It also comes with a big book, CD and posters.  The book is good for storytelling.  Puppets are great as well.  My students will often prefer to talk to a puppet rather than talk to me.

I also use different kinds of games.  One in particular that my students love, I learned from MES English. http://www.mes-english.com/games/spidersandcandy.php.  You can just ask them questions and if they get it right, they can throw a ball, knock over some cans, etc. etc.

Songs are a must.  I have some Carolyn Graham CDs that I can �t do without (Lets Chant).  There are a lot of good songs on Youtube.  Just type ESL kids and the topic you want to work with.

Have fun!

19 Jul 2013     

natalie-riccio
Russian Federation

Thanks a lot, dear collegues!

6 Aug 2013