Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Twitter    

Twitter

colibrita
United Kingdom

Twitter

Hi Everyone, how are you all doing? It �s been a while...

What do you think of using Twitter to teach English? I recently started and I love it, it �s actually more fun than I expected (Maybe because I �ve always loved people being concise and to the point!!) Though it doesn �t seem to have really taken off yet as an EFL/ESL platform among European English learners I think it shows lots of promise - if only for the reason that it �s easier to get people glued to their phones rather than their textbooks! Wink 
Do any of you or your students use it? I �ve found it relatively hard, I admit, convincing people to try it, even though it �s free. Though I see the Japanese are pretty into it.

The following article is a quick introduction into using Twitter to practise English
http://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglish/lessons/twinglish-english-twitter

If anybody wants to know my Twitter username just send me a PM.

Best wishes

Happy Weekend!

Colibrita
PS. and no I don �t work for Twitter Big smile

9 Aug 2013      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Colibrita!

I use the twitter only for personal reasons... I actually never thought it would be possible to use as a teaching tool.

Perhaps I should give it a try!?

Greetings  from sunny Portugal.Smile

9 Aug 2013