Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The Modern Netiquette: Personality Types    

The Modern Netiquette: Personality Types

ueslteacher
Ukraine

The Modern Netiquette: Personality Types

I saw an interesting article in the New Success textbook and decided to find it online and I thought I �ll just mention this for those of you who teach "Personalities" to intermediate teens/adults.
you can move to the next personality type by clicking "Next Flame Warrior"
Each type is illustrated by a funny caricature.
Here �s the foreword from the author:
"Some years ago, a calm and quiet discussion forum that I belonged to erupted into a burning flame war. While the forum burnt, I amused myself by drawing caricatures of the main participants. Over the years, the list of online fighters has grown into the Flame Warriors - the different personalities we become when we go online."
In the book they only mention several types: furious typers, diplomats, evil clowns, coffee mornings, bores, therapists, trollers, newbies, grunters, lurkers. The original collection is much bigger, so it�s up to you to decide what�s appropriate for your students.
Sophia

EDIT: Not to start a new thread I�ll just post this link here http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/top-stories/call-papers-journal-nelta-2013 for TEACHERS who have ARTICLES for PUBLISHING. (because this was discussed before)

3 Sep 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh they are brilliant! Masterful! I recognised my type (Innocence Abused Wink, or maybe I �m sometimes Tiny YapperLOL). 
Mmm, matched up a few of you, as well......Evil Smile. I �d better stop now...
Thanks for sharing this, Sophia. 
Lynne

3 Sep 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

LOL Lynne, I couldn �t decide which one I am:) Nanny?:)
Sophia

3 Sep 2013     

Lovely Lana
Greece

Thanks for sharing, Sophia (just being a Coffee Klatch)LOL
Seriously, great stuff! I �ve already planned a lesson plan in my head for my CAE class

3 Sep 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well Sophia, if the cap fits....Wink

3 Sep 2013