Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teaching to segpa    

Teaching to segpa

patt29
France

Teaching to segpa

Hi everybody

it is the firt year I �m teaching to segpa and I have difficulty in finding documents. My pupils are 13 but their knowledge in English is very low and they have difficulty in learning and remembering their lessons. All the sites I have ben looking propose exercises which don �t fit their age.
Hope you could help
Have a lovely day

29 Sep 2013      

ELOJOLIE274
France

hi,
i �ve never really taught in SEGPA - but my mum taught in one for 15 years, and I spent several weeks in one during a training period - so maybe i can help...

try activities where there �s really little to write (they tend to be quite slow while writing and it will quickly bore them = make them even more noisy/agitated...)

like this activity for example http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=721593#thetop
or this one http://www.eslprintables.com/grammar_worksheets/expressions/useful_expressions_to_describe_301126/#thetop (which I actually created when I was in "stage" in SEGPA in 2009 with the help/guidance of the teacher in charge of the class)

make sure the vocabulary they learnt is later used in an oral activity, a game... like this game: http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=17162#thetop

before giving a "test", let them read their lesson again (for 5 or 10 minutes).

rituals are very important, so spend a lot of time working on the classroom English, it will teach them the vocabulary they will need everyday in class AND help them learn basic sentence structure...

have a look at my documents, if there �s any (or a lot) you want, send me a PM with your email address and i �ll send you what you need, without you having to use your points!

hope it helps, good luck :)

Elodie

29 Sep 2013     

titine69
France

Hi Patt!

As Elodie said,spend a lot of time on rituals,ask them to write the date on the board,to tell you about the weather...Use flashcards as much as possible and ask them to match a picture with a word:they come to the board and stick 2 flashcards:the picture of clouds and the word "cloudy"for example.You will have to spend much time creating tools for these pupils because they need to see what we want to teach them.They also need to change activities very often.Use powerpoints as well and prepare a very simple worksheet to go with it because they also need to write even if it is difficult for them.I used lots of useful worksheets from this site.
Google"site segpa anglais,you will find lots of interesting links such as this one I like:
www.michellehenry.fr/segpa.htm

Good luck!

TitineSmile

29 Sep 2013     

silvermoon2
Tunisia

Hi,
I really appreciate this site very much ,but I have got a problem in extracting worksheets in their real format.. I find many good worksheets that enrich my pupils � feedback. Please I need your experience.
Hope you could help me
Have a nice day
!
Silvermoon2

30 Sep 2013