Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Thank you!?    

Thank you!?

andreaewa
Uruguay

Thank you!?

What do you think about posting a message to say thanks to the people who has downloaded somebody�s worksheet?
I DON�T LIKE IT.Disapprove
I think it�s not necessary to do that!They could thank by private messages. I feel people are looking for 5 minutes of fame.
Am I wrong?Question

(two hours later)
Ok. after reading your messages I got my answer. I may be wrong. (but still don�t like it)Sorry if I hurt anybody�s feelings. That was not my purpose.
Andrea

30 Jan 2009      

BRAHIM S
France

You are not wrong at all Andrea...

I don�t like that either.

30 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

Not fame,  they are advertising that they have uploaded something that someone wanted.  It makes you want to check- it-out.  ADVERTISING

I thought it was agreed that we don�t advertise our work. 

30 Jan 2009     

Im Lety
Mexico

I think the same as Andrea and Brahim...

Chao

30 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

I will accept Silke explanation up to a point.  But I also agree with andreaewa and brahim  that, that kind of message should be sent to their private messages.  The forum isn�t the right place.

30 Jan 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

I�m not judging. I�m sharing what I feel. I just don�t like it (like you).Wink

30 Jan 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Hi everyone,

I completely agree and would like to add that this page isn�t made for exchanging cordialities and courtesy,or else we�ll sooner or later find ourselves reading this message:
"thank you for thanking me for thanking you for downloading my ws"

31 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

Saying thank you is great -   in the personal message.

31 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

To Ladybird

I just don�t see why you did not like Harim�s remark!

Are n�t you both  saying the same thing after all?

31 Jan 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Ladybird,

I�m not against thanking a person for his or her work.I�m against thanking a person for downloading yours.
We should thank a person for a service but never for using the service.
Thank you Brahim 

31 Jan 2009     

missola
Palestine

I did this myself and thanked everyone who downloaded my worksheet though I�m not a new user nor did my worksheet need notive from others. It�s just a thank you note to the ones who appreciated your work.

as for sending this in private message, it didn�t come to my mind but how can you send a private message to 30, 40 or 70 people?

anyways what I want to say is: ok there is no need to do this but is there also a need to make it a topic on a message board? Is it so annoying?

Actually apart from what I did myself, I don�t feel this is so annoying as other things that  happen in this site, which I won�t mention. This is one thing and another thing if the message is intended to be a publication, you can see it if you like and then you either download or neglect it. No one is forcing anyone to do things they don�t want to.

Have a nice time

31 Jan 2009     

1    2    3    Next >