Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Picture sizes and hyperlinks    

Picture sizes and hyperlinks

Peter Hardy
Australia

Picture sizes and hyperlinks

Hi all. I got a bit frustrated because people added pictures to their worksheets (and PPTs) without checking the hyperlink. Many pictures one may take off a website have a hyperlink. Meaning when you click on the picture, it will guide you to the website. Apart from noticing the picture was copy-righted, this week I got a nasty link to a very embarrassing site. Just my luck I teach adults, who started to behave like children anyway. The problem was simply solved by a right-click on the picture and next to remove the hyperlink. My other problem is being interested in a PPT but it turned out to have only one or two slides due to the (photographs) image size. Like many of us, I had to download the series over several days. Again, the solution lies in the right-click. First you download and install Image Resizer for Windows onto your computer. (I �m sure there will be a similar program for Mac users). Than do the simple right click, and voila, problem solved. I sincerely hope people will pay more attention when making their lovely creations, to save others having to do a lot of editing before we can use it in our classes. Cheers, Peter.

23 Oct 2013      

lshorton99
China

Good post, thanks for the tips!

23 Oct 2013