Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > present simple reading on sloths, for free....    

present simple reading on sloths, for free....

MarionG
Netherlands

present simple reading on sloths, for free....

Dear all,
Yesterday I posted that there were some mistakes in my worksheet on sloths.
I tried to update the sheet with a corrected version but for some reason it didn �t work. (I tried twice and everytime I received a pm stating something went wrong.)
I don �t want to try again today since I don �t want anyone thinking I am fishing for points☺
I decided to delete the worksheet  because it only shows a grey square...

If you downloaded the file with the mistakes (or if you are interested in a present simple reading) you can download it from wikishare for free (no points needed☺)

Hope it is useful for someone, love, Marion

6 Nov 2013      

Tmk939
Russian Federation

Thanks a lot, dear MarionG for sharing your useful ws! Have a nice day!

6 Nov 2013     

evinches
France

Nice WS about an original animal. Thanks for sharing,
Esther

6 Nov 2013     

labeillecool
France

thanks Marion for sharing this free ws ! it �s a really cute animal !!!

6 Nov 2013     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Thanks Marion, I love sloths ( these ones lol, in Portuguese we call them " lazy "  ).
And here are my points for you Wink

Thanks for sharing

Linda

6 Nov 2013     

yanogator
United States

In English, too, Linda. "Sloth" means "laziness".

Bruce

6 Nov 2013     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Bruce

Thanks, I knew, I wanted to show that we ALSO call them the same, but didn �t manage to write it clearly,lol, I �m turning old and absent minded. The Portuguese word is " pregui�a", exactly how I have been feeling these last times. Dead

Linda Hug

6 Nov 2013     

mluisara
Spain

In Spanish too. We call them "Perezosos" that mean "lazy". Mar�a Luisa

6 Nov 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Marion! I am awarding you a gold star Clap for creating an interesting ws on sloths! We had a joke about them a couple of months ago with a new member on here (who had no points) and was being really facetious. I can �t remember the member �s name or what the joke was about - just that it was about sloths, but I had a good laugh when I saw this!!LOL

6 Nov 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

yes, sloths are incredibly funny. I had a lot of fun creating the sheet. I of course read a lot more info than what ended up in the text. Did you know that their babies hold on to their mom �s fur but if they fall off, the mom usually doesn �t go down to get them? Sometimes they mistake their own arm for a tree branch and they fall down!
My students of course loved the part about their top speed (which we demonstrated in class) and the bit about pooping only once a week.
I showed them some funny videos (loads of them on youtube) and we had a really good time!

6 Nov 2013     

Luisella
Italy

Thank you Marion!
I enjoyed it and I �m sure my students will like it, too!

6 Nov 2013     

1    2    Next >