Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Any ideas for the final task on likes & dislikes?    

Any ideas for the final task on likes & dislikes?

AnnaW
France

Any ideas for the final task on likes & dislikes?

Dear colleagues,

Once again, I need your advice and clever ideas. I need to evaluate teenage pupils (who have been learning English for 3 years - they are 4eme LV1 in France )  on the topic of  LIKES  AND DISLIKES.

But I īm a bit bored  with the usual "Speak about what you enjoy doing & about what you can īt stand" or the traditional "Make a poster about your likes & dislikes". But I īm stuck, it seems like no brilliant ideas or scenarios would pop to my tired mind. =(

So, any fresh ideas are more than welcome!
Thanks a lot!

Greetings from France!

7 Nov 2013      

cukurova
Turkey

Because they are teenagers and because teenagers LOVE technology, you can use a facebook template and create a page with lots of thumbs- up and down signs. These hand signs may encourage them to write about their likes and dislikes.Or you can ask them to prepare this facebook page on their own.Not very creative maybe but I wanted to give a shot anyway!:) Good luck!:)

7 Nov 2013     

AnnaW
France

Oh, that īs a brilliant idea, I love it! Thanks a looooooot, Cukurova!  Thumbs Up

7 Nov 2013     

douglas
United States

You could add  reported speech practice to it and have them talk about how certain characters in a favorite movie or TV show feel about different things/people.

OBTW-good idea with the FB profile Cukurova :)

Cheers,
Douglas

8 Nov 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

you can also organize a speed-dating and focus on what their likes and dislikes, do they match? are the 2 people compatible?

+ it would allow you to check they can introduce themselves briefly (A2 skill needed for the brevet validation)

i īve uploaded this ws that might give you an idea of what I mean:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=723549#thetop

hope it helps...

8 Nov 2013     

sophia0806
France

What a good idea the speed dating!! Tongue

8 Nov 2013     

AnnaW
France

Thank you so much, Douglas and Elodie, your ideas are very inspiring!!! (Elodie, you īre my super-Teacher of the month, lol! Wink)
Have a great weekend!

9 Nov 2013