Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > 10 English Grammar Mistakes That Almost Everyone Makes    

10 English Grammar Mistakes That Almost Everyone Makes

daniel84
Canada

10 English Grammar Mistakes That Almost Everyone Makes

These mistakes are visible to everyone and we can all criticize them. If you pay attention to the words you put out to the public, you may occasionally oversee a mistake, the best example is Ross � "WHOM" moments in famous TV series "Friends".

See more here: http://saundz.com/10-english-grammar-mistakes-that-almost-everyone-makes/

15 Nov 2013      

lareinedangleterre
France

Very useful and has more impact than any explanation!!

15 Nov 2013     

jennycollins
Canada

Thanks for posting it daniel84! 

I �m really amazed at the number of people who read the post and I �m sure everybody learned at least one new thing. 

We wanted to present these common mistakes in such a way that  everybody can understand them and memorize them easily. Videos are a great way of doing so! Everybody loves them and are more efficient than text only.

Please, in case you have some other ideas, let me know. I �d like to make another article similar to this one because I think it is really helpful.

What is the most confusing thing for you and what would you like to see explained in one of our next articles? 

Thanks again!

Jenny

15 Nov 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

This advice isn �t exactly about �grammar �, is it? Most of the �advice � seems to be about usage, punctuation and spelling. For example, there �s no grammar whatsoever involved in knowing the difference between �affect � and �effect � � it �s purely lexical.

PS - nice to see the Ross clips, though. Used to annoy the hell out of me when he did that �whom � stuff  Smile

15 Nov 2013     

Doot
Canada

I thought we had this discussion about people selling something on ESL Printables when they have not contributed one activity to this site!

15 Nov 2013     

jennycollins
Canada

I wouldn �t confuse learners with technical terminology. They have enough of it in class :) The purpose was to present the most common mistakes in an interesting way and help them remember the rules easily. 

15 Nov 2013     

jennycollins
Canada

I wouldn �t confuse learners with technical terminology. They have enough of it in class :) The purpose was to present the most common mistakes in an interesting way and help them remember the rules easily. 

15 Nov 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Whom has had its day. Nobody uses it any more, except in legalese. And which and that are more or less interchangeable. �The cat that sat on the mat � - what �s wrong with that? Actually who might be more appropriate. Wink  May has also had its day even in requests: It �s not usually �May I have? � It �s more often, �Can I .... ? Fewer instead of less - only the over-educated know that rule, but it �s a rule with which I stick. Wink

15 Nov 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

Call me cynical, but I see Daniel (daniel84 - no contributions to ESLP) and Jennifer (jennycollins - no contributions to ESLP) are both linked to Saundz - which sells English pronunciation software. 

15 Nov 2013     

jennycollins
Canada

The website does sell the software but the article doesn �t.

I �m really sorry if someone is offended by my presence on this forum and it is true that I came here only to make a comment on this post. I noticed that many readers came to our website from here today and I wanted to see what was going on. 

I don �t intend to engage in any further discussions because I think it �s clear that the link above leads to a blog post and not learning materials/handouts/printables. Its purpose is to be read by those who may find it interesting and useful. Those who don �t may well skip it :) 

Once again, I �m terribly sorry and you are free to delete the thread if you don �t think it �s suitable. 

15 Nov 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

No offence taken, Jenny, it �s a free country!

15 Nov 2013     

1    2    Next >