Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Bad manners    

Bad manners

carinaluc
Argentina

Bad manners

I�ve received this encouraging comment on one of my worksheets.  Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion, but I think we should be respectful of other�s people work, and if we�re not satisfied we can certainly use better language.  Apart from that, other people downloaded the same worksheet and were fully satisfied with it; moreover there�s the possibility of previewing ws before downloading them.  And last but not least, how can a person who has 0 points and 0 worksheets download material?  It�s just a comment, but I really wanted to say this.

mate
Albania

posted by mate
bullshit

2 Feb 2009      

libertybelle
United States

The person is a total jerk - ignore him/her.
I�d be ashamed to have a person like that as a teacher.
(I really doubt he/she is!)

I think your stuff is brilliant!

L

2 Feb 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Just as Libertybelle said, ignore this person. Your worksheet was welcomed by many , so don�t let the opinion of such a person bother you.

Keep it up!!!!!!!!!
Best regards,
Nebal

2 Feb 2009     

atsitab
Portugal

I agree with you. This person just comes to this site to do things like this.  I�ve reported some of his "Worksheets", one was written in a foreign language and the title of it was "LOL", another one was empty, another one had offensive language.  He is just trying to make fun. I think his account should be canceled.

2 Feb 2009     

isabelle99
Monaco

you can leave a comment without downloading the ws (something he/she couldn�t do since he/she has no points). There have been some bad comments recently from people who don�t have any points. I guess they do that just for the pleasure of being bad. Despise her/him is the best thing to do!

2 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Well Isabelle.......

Despise is a pretty big word, and only gets people even more angry - so I think the best thing would be to ignore this person.
L

2 Feb 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Despise those people is not enough! I think Victor should take a stand agains these offensive people. They should not be able to login this site!!!!

2 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

We have a rule in our school that the students are not to have their cell phones turned on within the school facilities since they tended to record teachers in class or their mates fighting, etc. The consequence for having the phone turned on would be confiscating the phone and asking the parents to come and get it from the teacher.
Not long ago, i confiscated a phone and the boy�s father flew to the school the next day with a bone to pick with me. He addressed me with a very uncivilised and unmannerly language that shocked me and made very angry, but i knew that if i followed his example, the argument would just escalate. I remained calm and with the sweetest voice told him,

"I understand that you�re angry about me taking your son�s phone, and i would like it sorted out just like you, but i must say first that i don�t like the tone you�re addressing me. If i respect you as the parent, you should respect me as ... "
"What age are you?" he growled impudently. (Btw, i look a lot younger than i really am, so he thought that i was still ... �green� Smile )
"Age does not matter in this case. It�s the teacher-parent relation. And the respect we should show each other."

Anyway, his anger subsided thanks to my tactics. In the end he even apologised and asked me not to avenge on his kid. (That�s because things like that happen.)
If it really got to you, you should have asked the person what he/she meant by �bullshit� and make the person regret saying what he/she said. Or just choose to ignore it, if you don�t want to waste time with such people. In my case, I couldn�t ignore the parent.

2 Feb 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

I liked your wss very much! Don�t think of this any more. Hugs from Moscow.

2 Feb 2009     

carinaluc
Argentina

Thank you everybody for your nice words, I�ll take your advice, ignore this person and move on. 

2 Feb 2009     

Montypython
France

I�m appalled.....
Your ws are AWESOME!
So don�t worry!
I agree with Lisa�s tactics (just ignore this very badly-behaved person).
Have a great evening (and thanks again for your great ws!!!!!!! Thumbs Up)

2 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >