Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Apologies    

Apologies

Peter Hardy
Australia

Apologies

As my previous apology to Flo had quickly disappeared from the forum, I �d like to repost it. I wrote: Indeed, Flo deserves my apologies. She didn�t advertise her own work at all. I was a bit edgy, I suppose, as the first thing I saw on the blog was advertising. I suppose that the fact that we have had so called members without any contributions inviting us to visit blogs that clearly in turn invite us to buy resources, and other members that blatantly advertise their own work or their own blogs, must have agitated me more than I would like to admit. After all, not advertising worksheets or websites, to which I included blogs, is a clear rule. Being maybe a bit old fashioned, I have learned to respect and value rules, as they are there for a reason. Never mind, as the rules also state not to insult or to try not to hurt people, I apparently did hurt feelings, so again, my sincere apologies to Flo.

23 Nov 2013      

flo84
France

Oh you are a nice guy Peter and thank you really for apologising on the forum. This link was indeed only meant to help my fellow teachers on ESL and as I was first really hurt, I reacted maybe a bit too strongly. But your post is really sweet (and so is your lovely cat) and I �m really not angry at all anymore. I will continue sharing links that I find interesting on ESL as I �m sure now that you know I �m not advertising anything. Wink

I wish you and all ESL members a very nice week end 

Flo

23 Nov 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

My word! How rare and heart-warming to see a sincere apology. Usually, all you get these days is �sorry if your feelings were hurt... � 
Good for you, Peter!
May I also wish all ESLP members a very nice weekend. 

23 Nov 2013     

jannabanna
France

Now you �ve made ME feel guilty Peter because I often put links to my videos on YOUTUBE on the forum, but I �m not asking for money, I �m just pleased to share them.  

I have at present 382 subscribers to my YOUTUBE channel from all over the world which makes me feel very proud to help in some way.

I also wish all ESLP members a nice weekend from a very rainy south-west of France. 

Janet

23 Nov 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Don �t be daft Janet, you are a valued member. I think we �ve all got an idea of the type of poster Peter is referring to. By the way, thank you for letting me put one of your ppts on my website. Also, thank you Peter for permission to put your cat ppts on my website. Also, thanks to Guorkhan for one of his interactive ppts.

My website? Did I say my website???? Wink Oops, it was a slip of the tongue! LOL Let �s maintain a sense of proportion. We are here to help each other. 

Lynne

23 Nov 2013     

jannabanna
France

Lynne - you can use whatever you want of mine - docs/ppts/videos - only too pleased !! Or anyone else for that matter!  Just let me know and mention me .......

Janet

23 Nov 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you, Janet! 

23 Nov 2013     

domif
France

That really makes me feel better , thanks Peter and flo! There are soooo many other problems all over the world that should get us on our nerves and make us angry,don �t you think ? I wish you, Peter and flo and all ESLP members a nice weekend. Take care and be happy!

23 Nov 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Thank you all for your kind words. And yes, I �ve learned a lesson, as every good teacher would, and will read posts more carefully in the future. Cheers, Peter.

23 Nov 2013