Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About the importance of writing real letters    

About the importance of writing real letters

barishoyraz
Turkey

About the importance of writing real letters

My Dear Colleagues, I am teaching in a secondary school. They have English classes 5 hours a week. Beside learning, practising is the most important thing. By writing they try to search for new words and to have a penfriend is a great feeling for them. Waiting for the letters to arrive is exciting for them. I am looking for English teachers to organise writing among the students. It is very easy, we just collect the letters and put all of them in a big envelope and send. That �s all. My students are aged 11-12 years old. I have more than 80 students to write. What do you think about this penpal Project? Looking forward to your answers.

8 Dec 2013      

mari3lla
Italy

Dear colleague, I agree with you: it would be so exciting for our students to receive letters from abroad, from new friends and new cultures, so enriching and motivating. I have about 30 students the same age as yours and I would like to propose this project to them and their families. Let me know if it would be interesting for you.
All the best, Mariella

9 Dec 2013     

sevgiaraz
Turkey

I have lots of students at the same age. I want to take part in this project. I agree with you. Right. If you want,I am here.

9 Dec 2013