Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Toefl exam    

Toefl exam

feii
Greece

Toefl exam

Hi guys,  
Can someone inform me about the toefl exam?  What i want to know is if it is mandatory to sit for all parts of the exam? 
Thansk in advance.

9 Dec 2013      

cukurova
Turkey

As far as I know,yes.You have to take the exam as a whole.

9 Dec 2013     

maceman
Canada

I agree with cukurova. To the best of my knowledge, the toefl internet based (iBT) test is approx. 4 hours long and the complete exam done in one sitting.
Have a great day.

9 Dec 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

This is from the official TOEFL website:

TOEFL iBT Test Sections

Section Time Limit Questions Tasks
Reading* 60�80 minutes 36�56 questions Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.
Listening 60�90 minutes 34�51 questions Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions.
Break 10 minutes � �
Speaking 20 minutes 6 tasks Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.
Writing 50 minutes 2 tasks Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.
Yes, it must be taken in one sitting. Also, because it is computer-based, it �s an excellent idea to be very familiar with a QWERTY keyboard and get good at typing on it. Good luck to you and/or your students!

9 Dec 2013     

feii
Greece

Thanks for your help..:-)

10 Dec 2013