Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Not the place    

Not the place

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Not the place

Hello dear colleagues celebrating Christmas. May I respectfully point out that the forum on eslprintables is not the right place for posting �Merry Christmas � messages. The teachers � caf� is the right place. Apparently, Muslim colleagues posting �Happy Eid � or Ramadhan messages on this forum have been  attacked for doing so and I am sure that we all want to be fair. 

24 Dec 2013      

minimal70
Morocco

Attacking people �s beliefs or thoughts on the basis of cultural differences is non acceptable. I can call it Xenophobia. Rejection of the other is a form of xenophobic reaction. But posting messages related to religious festivals or ceremonies should be done outside the ESL forum. I wish you all GOOD Worksheets

24 Dec 2013     

Mabdel
Morocco

@ Lynne : Wish you a Merry Christmas!
Well! Personally! I consider posting one or two messages on this forum seems ok but  posting the same message all week long can log the forum.
Best wishes.

24 Dec 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �m happier to see the holiday wishes (for any holiday) than the spam we were subjected to a couple of weeks ago!

24 Dec 2013     

sarguero
Spain

The old religious issue again and dividing as usual...    Thumbs Down

Time to have a coffee with believers and non-believers and listen to the R.E.M  classic "Losing my religion"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krSNPhsnJEw

Tolerance,  what a good word!!!

25 Dec 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

I personally don �t mind any kind of good wishes on the forum. I actually like it, Often I wouldn�t even know it is Christmas/ thanksgiving/ Ramadan/ if it werren�t for the Forum. I like the mix of "serious" teaching related posts and lighter stuff such as blessings and games. Without the lighter stuff the forum gets kind of boring, IMHO.
Of course it seems silly to start a new �Happy Christmas � thread, if another is still open on the forum.
Just like you wouldn �t open a new thread asking for a song in present simple if the last post did exactly the same.... We don�t need 10 posts about the axact same subject, albeit Christmas, Ramadan, Hannukkah or the correct use of stative verbs....Smile
To lighten the mood and show ESLp at its best, I just want to share one of my PM exchanges for this morning:
I got a PM from falafel wishing me "Merry Christmas". I replied that even though I am Jewish and don �t actually celebrate Christmas, I really appreciate the thought. I asked her if she celebrates Christmas. She replied that she herself is Muslim and therefore doesn �t celebrate Christmas either.....So there you go, a Muslim wishing a Jew Merry Christmas and all feel appreciated and respected. Lighten up everyone!

25 Dec 2013     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you Marion Thumbs Up

25 Dec 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Well said, Marion. Now I only wish I had that picture earlier to send to whomever. And for all those who don �t know the rules: they are rather simple and easy to find. So, maybe we could have a test, like a drivers test, before people are accepted as members ;-? But I wouldn �t score 100% so we �d better not :-( And in all, as Moody said, all this is still better than spam. Cheers. Peter.

25 Dec 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

How about this? I �m 56 and I got a tattoo for Christmas!!! After always insisting they were disgusting. Well, Everybody else �s are. Wink It �s a cat of course. My nephew is gonna have me for toast when he sees it. What next? Pink hair, maybe. 

LOVE YOU ALL! OF ANY RELIGION OR NONE! 

Lynne

25 Dec 2013     

moemendhia
Tunisia

Hi all!!
Thanks you Marion for your well said words !!!You �ve just expressed what I wanted to say without any offense & that �s what what I �m saying let �s all be friends & love each other just for the sake of humanity & without any background basis!!
Me too as Lynne said love all persons of any religion !!!
Henda

25 Dec 2013     

nesr-in
Turkey

Thank you Marion and cunliffe,I really love this site because I believe that no one cares about my nationality or religion,ıt �s such a unique experience that ı don �t want to lose it or It �s better to say � � Let �s not lose it � � Smile

25 Dec 2013