Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESl    

ESl

minimal70
Morocco

ESl

Attacking people �s beliefs or thoughts on the basis of cultural differences is non acceptable. I can call it Xenophobia. Rejection of the other is a form of xenophobic reaction. But posting messages related to religious festivals or ceremonies should be done outside the ESL forum. I wish you all GOOD Worksheets

24 Dec 2013      

Sonn
Russian Federation

ESL Printables is the site for teachers of English, its forum is related to teching English, too, so I think that if the religious festival is celebrated in the country where English is spoken (the UK, the USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc.) I suppose it �s OK to send links to the sites where we can find ESL exercises, texts, worksheets, presentations, videos etc. concerning this festival because it �s a cultural aspect of learning the language. But the congratulations on this holiday should be in the cafe only. Congratulations on any other holiday especially on the holidays which are not celebrated in English speaking countries (because they are not ESL-related) should be in the cafe, too.

For example, if I learn Turkish,  I �ll read about muslim holidays in Turkish language with pleasure on a Turkish-related forum.

Besides I �m not a Catholic, I �m an Orthodox, but I �ll be happy to find here the materials concerning any aspects of everyday life of British, American, Australian, Canadian or NZ people, including their religious festivals. This kind of material helps to avoid misunderstanding and even xenofobia, that �s my opinion.

But flooding the forum with congratulatios only is not OK for me.

24 Dec 2013