Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day!    

Word of the Day!

MoodyMoody
United States

Word of the Day!

Elderberrywine, thank you for reviving WOD and for choosing me as the first winner of 2014!

So here �s the next word:

NUDIUSTERTIAN

Remember, fake definitions only. Anyone posting the real definition will be automatically disqualified. So give us your funniest fake definitions of nudiustertian! I �ll pick a winner probably tomorrow evening EST or when I get enough to make it worthwhile.

5 Jan 2014      

MarionG
Netherlands

people past their thirties who still feel comfortable enough with their body to walk around naked?

5 Jan 2014     

maryse pey�
France

Oh in fact this story is not really well known. Let me explain : once upon a time it was a man named NUDIUS because he was always nude as he had been striken by a very odd illness that made him suffering from every contact of clothes whatever they were. And of course he could not go out nude because people would have been schocked. So he had to choose a way to stay alive and being able to go out from time to time. He chose to become a monk, a CISTERTIAN. That way he could sing and be forgiven for being nude all the time.

This strange and very unpleasant illness was named after him : NUDIUSTERTIAN. That means that if you suffer from this you must become a CISTERTIAN monk not to be locked in a jail or in an asylum !

By the way I �m writing this explanation from my nude cell in the most modern asylum of my country !

5 Jan 2014     

sarguero
Spain

Nudiustertian is the way I feel when the spanish government pick up 1/3 of my payment in taxes every month.   Cry

5 Jan 2014     

Digico
Netherlands

Naked alien?

6 Jan 2014     

alexcure
Poland

It �s a sort of malaria "tertian fever" that occurs to the US beach nudists (especially when they expose their naked bodies to the sweltering sunshine in the summer). 

6 Jan 2014     

teresasimoes
Portugal

NUDIUSTERTIAN

It�s someone who has no new creative ideas to write about. It�s like being naked among a crowd.  Embarrassed  

6 Jan 2014     

anitarobi
Croatia

People who are nudists only every third day of their vacation:)

6 Jan 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Nudiustertian - this is an adjective which describes a person who lives in a nest in the tree tops. It helps to be very light. 

6 Jan 2014