Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day Winner    

Word of the Day Winner

MoodyMoody
United States

Word of the Day Winner

I received good entries once again for the word tomentose. A root-bound tomato, a person with severe bipolar disorder (Lynne, you "should know about bipolar disorder"?), a poem about minty-fresh breath, stormy weather (nice tribute to Ethel Waters), a division among men, overconsumption of tomatoes leading to unconsciousness, and acute indecision about which of one �s suitors one should wed.

However, I have to go with elderberrywine �s definition of extremely high-heeled shoes that make your toes hurt. I can �t even wear 2 inch/5 cm heels without my feet aching. How do other women put themselves through that? So, congratulations to elderberrywine, and we look forward to a new word soon!

By the way, the real definition of tomentose is even odder than the definitions you posited: "covered with densely matted hair." This dog should qualify:

20 Jan 2014      

labeillecool
France

Ladies and gentlemen , here is the invention of the year..........
 the doggy brush !!!
From now on your house will be perferctly swept!!

It could have been a good picture for the  caption contest....

21 Jan 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

As far as I know, massplus hasn �t chosen a winner for the latest caption contest yet. See http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=44059 .

21 Jan 2014