Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > New Name-It Contest    

New Name-It Contest

MoodyMoody
United States

New Name-It Contest

Thank you for selecting me as the winner of the first Name-It Contest, isa2. Here is a new object to name.

Please forgive the sloppy cropping job. Come up with the most outlandish, pseudo-intellectual names you can for this device. Your name should reflect what you believe its function to be or could be. Since I �ll be at a friends � house tomorrow evening, I �ll pick a winner Saturday morning EST. I look forward to your bizarre thought processes.

23 Jan 2014      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

stretching body for tiny people or dwarves

23 Jan 2014     

huddersboy
Japan

the tandem mousetrap

23 Jan 2014     

sarguero
Spain

It �s an open sleigh for desert dunes called DUDESLEIGH 400

23 Jan 2014     

douglas
United States

Super Hero Ironing board for invisible capes

24 Jan 2014     

isa2
Austria

With this TOBOBENDER you can reach terrific acceleration in downhill races at a breakneck speed as the toboggan is extremely lightweight carbon alloy. You lie on it head first and pin your legs and torso on the two comfortable rests. This invention will first be used by the American team in the  Olympic Winter Games in Sotchi.Switch on your TV to see this world premi�re.

24 Jan 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

if you have been feeling down lately, this is what you need to have the spring in your step back:)
sorry no name:(

24 Jan 2014     

elderberrywine
Germany

This new competition is difficult for non-native speakers of English, I think. It takes a lot of linguistic creativity to find ONE name for a contraption, so I think I �ll opt out of this. But i �ll enjoy your contributions, as I did to the last round.

24 Jan 2014     

isa2
Austria

@douglas:  Thumbs Up

Am I right that its name is SUHERIBO?

24 Jan 2014     

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

This is what we call camel-seat-cum. We fit it onto the camel �s hump and then fix 2 seats at both ends so that riders can travel comfortably. Tourists who have come to Tunisia must have enjoyed such rides.

One_humped_camel : cartoon of Arabs riding on camel

24 Jan 2014     

isa2
Austria

@ mohamedthabet:
Clap

25 Jan 2014