Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Name-It contest winner    

Name-It contest winner

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

Name-It contest winner

The contest has been on for 2 days, it �s high time I declared the winner. Surely the picture I suggested hasn �t been motivating enough, so only 5 esl members have taken part in the contest. However, the names they submit are so logical and funny that I again find it difficult to decide which deserves most the title. The original use of the wooden old tool in the picture was to cut cheese, hence the name cheese cutter. MoodyMoody guessed right and said it can be useful to cut cheese. Sarguero expected this tool could be useful to peel bad hair on legs. It is quite logical that this tool could be used for this purpose. Isa2,  seemingly an expert in archeology and zoology, has invented 2 names of which I choose the 2nd = eledrovator, a device used to collect elephant overweight droppings.
So isa2  you are the winner, it �s over to you to choose a new picture. I hope you can do better than than I did.

26 Jan 2014